Problem using the Public Beta

Goofy

I have been using Ver. 1.05 with no problems. I installed the Public Beta Version and now when I hit the GO button I'm returned to the desktop with no CM running. I have P3 450 running Win 98 and have been using CMBO with no problem for months. When I launch the game now it says I'm running Ver.1.1b16. I have tried to play a scenario and to send a PBEM turn. The PBEM was set up using Ver.1.1b16 and everything loads and runs as usual until I hit the GO button, then I find myself on the desktop again. I suspected a corupt DL so I DLed again and reinstalled. No change. Help!

Guest Madmatt

Many of these Crash to Desktop issues in the Public Beta are caused by it encountering a error it doesn't understand. Therefor, since it is debug code is exits the game. We have also fixed many of these same issues since the Beta was released last week. Expect and update annoucement in the next few days.

If you would like, you can send me a completed Bug Report Form and copy of the Errolog.txt file and I can have a look but I am pretty sure the issue you are seeing has already been fixed.

Madmatt

Where do I find the Bug Report Form? I'd like to go ahead and send it in, I find that I miss doing my PBEM turns when I get in from work in the mornings and if I can change whatever it is in my computer's configuration that is causing the crash to the desktop I'd like to fix it. Also where do I send it to you? Thanks! Goofy

Guest Madmatt

The full report form is with the other docs in the newly created READ ME folder. The errrolog.txt file is created everytime you run the game and is located at the root of your CM folder.

Madmatt

Hi,

I've found a similar problem playing CM beta in single player mode.

Below are the last few lines of the "errorlog.txt" file, if it is of any interest I'll send the saved scenario.

Kolfar

==========

Axis Antipersonnel Mines matches Antipersonnel Mines

Axis Antipersonnel Mines matches Antipersonnel Mines

Axis Antitank Mines matches Antitank Mines

Axis Daisy-Chain Antitank Mines matches Daisy-Chain Antitank Mines

Number of downsamples: 1

Texture VRAM usage (K): 11389

Battle.cpp 907

Battle.cpp 915

Battle.cpp 922

Battle.cpp 2110