1 or 2 0.9.41 bugs I just noticed

Abidubi

I was on raid on the new 0.9.41 server around 6:40 eastern, crusing around in a hurry. I saw a cutter and proceded to fire. The first shot missed. I slowed down and hit x. I was now sitting stationary on the road. The only other units present were 2 120mm thors (quite shy and docile). I fired again at the cutter and hit, there was a pause (like something network related) for about .4 of a second and then my hurry was sitting on it's turret motionless :confused: The cutter was about 150m atleast away (I have a nice screenshot but no way to post it). I have shot manytimes less than a 3rd that distance and never even took damage. I have no idea how it happed. No other explotions nearby, and the thors hadden even shot.

Another thing. I noticed that the extra sounds has been fixed now to have the doppler effect working. But uhhhhhhh. Funny thing. I don't have it enabled yet I hear it quite well. Could it be stuck on by default now?

On that note, if you are moving the camera forward or back, then the drop menu comes up, the "bip bip buh beeeeeeeeep" sounds like it's flying towards me at 500kph. It just sounds ugly and it should not be affected by the doppler effect. Whether its a bug or you just never noticed it, it is really ugly and irritating.

On the plus side, it may have been the server, but vehical control seemed a little smoother. Don't know if you did anything about that though.

And THANK YOU for fixing the mac keybord bug. I can finally switch between auto and manual ranges. But ummm, does there really need to be 2 buttons for that. It's either auto or not. Why not just have 1 toggle button instead of an auto and a manual.

And the quit game box is SO much better than the X, but I still think it should be with all the other tabs. Why scatter buttons all over. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Making progress :D

Another thing. The doppler effect is applied to the targeting sound for the ATGM. Whether your moving towards the tartget or it is moving towards you. And when you drive by fast it's even more anyoing as it goes from a whine to a low buzz.

a few things i'd like to mention

1. It seems like all the servers were showing empty even though there were non-bot players in the game

2. The ATGM's are insanely accurate. I don't know if this is on purpose, but if I try to drop in anywhere near them, or try to attack them, I always at least loose my turret.

3. On OS X 10.4.5, clicking the "Close Game" box causes the computer to come up with a "Application unexpectedly quit" dialog. Don't know why, but it happens.

However, I do want to say that since this last update, the game plays much better. It loads a ton faster, and seems less prone to random crashes and lag spikes.

Again at 9:30 estern on the A.....(whaever) server on the raid map I was flying around in the hurry and got fliped over by a shot. This time it made even less sense. The first time I was "down" and shooting at about 30 degrees off center. This time I was moving quickly forward and fired straight ahead. I flung back like mad and fell on the turret as usual.

I don't know if this was an attempt at making the hurry more realistic, but it's less realistic. The gun is so close to the center of mass, that it should not be capable of flipping it. Not to mention the fact that it is a hovercraft so it has no contact with the ground. Therefore it cannot flip because the ground stops the bottom and the top is pushed back. It will move freely and would never be able to flip that way.

The Hurricane has not been degraded in any way for 0.9.41. Whenever we make a change to the performance of unit types or weapons we will clearly state it in the release announcement so don't worry about things like this changing behind your back on each release.

Abi, what you're probably seeing is a result of your playing on a debug server (Arpinum Debug in this case). Those are servers that are running inside of a debugger. This makes the server run at a slower rate than the normal 30Hz. Consequently, some physics effects can be exaggerated or incorrect. We should have warned you about that ahead of time (in the future we won't leave debug servers running like that).

Nasty bug here.

My system suddenly lags for a moment. I look at the map time, thinking it must have just ended, and it reads somewhere below -70,000 minutes. Then the time goes back to being correct again, but all vehicle chassis (it seemed, I could only see my own and a nearby tank's) are invisible and I have about 2 FPS.

I waited out the three minutes remaining on the map. At the score screen the framerate had gone back to normal and after the next map loaded everything was fine again.

Wow, never realised that the debug server was like that. I guess that would explain that wierd stuff. Sucks though, It's the only server that gives me <60 ping.

Is the fact that the doppler effect is ALWAYS on a result of the server? Is the doppler effect being applied to the drop menu also a result?

My camera was locked on you in observer mode, Weasello. I could just hear "The Ride of the Valkyries" playing from your Hurricane's external speaker system as you crested that final ridge at max speed right into the enemy defenses for your last suicidal point blank blast, your smoldering corpse landing upside down on the remains of an enemy ground turret. What a glorious way to end the game...