Keyboard config question

Typhon

You can only change keyboard configuration when you're not in a scenario.

When playing a scenario, the "save as" button is disabled.

A related question: if a command had two keystrokes I can't change it to one. I can change which keys to use, but cannot change from two keys to one key.

I can change to the same key twice, but I'm not sure if that'll work.

Originally posted by Kurtz:

A related question: if a command had two keystrokes I can't change it to one. I can change which keys to use, but cannot change from two keys to one key.

It seems that the problem is when the configuration is actually being saved.

For right now, do the following:

If you have not already done so, use the SaveAs to create a custom controls file.

Select control you want to change, and if it is a keyboard control, click on the keyboard button.

Even if the old control was a two key control, you can simply press a single key that you want to replace it.

NOW to get it to save, change tabs to the "Account" tab and quit the game using the "X" button at the top right. (This saves your changes)

We will fix this for the next release.

Sorry, I wasn't really clear in my description. I have no problems with saving my configuration, but with replacing dual-key commands with a single key

I follow your first steps, select a command and click "keyboard". If the command is single key, the dialog

"please hit a key or key combination..". is shown. I just press the desired key and all is well.

However, if the command is dual-key, another dialog box with three buttons is shown:

"click a button to assigne a keyboard key to the command

[previous] [next] [ok]"

I wasn't able to enter a key from that dialog. I have to click [previous] or [next] to get to the "input" dialog. ("please hit a key or key combination..".)

I am able to change the keys, but I am unable to switch a dual-key command to single key.

Just to clear things up even more: an example of an dual-key command is the command to switch ammo types. Default is = and -. I wanted to replace this with a single key (e.g. F3).

The main reason is that I couldn't get the = and - to work, which might be because I need to press Shift in order to get the = sign on my keyboard.

I think I misunderstood the commands.

I thought it was [key1] AND [key2] when it apparently was [key1] OR [key2].

I thought both keys was needed. redface.gif However, I can't assigne a dual key comamnd to just one key. But I can assign both to the same key.