One question and some tips

ham1

Hello, at first I want to ask you if I can buy dropteam without downloading, can I buy it in any store or something?

Is it normal that I cant switch the ammunition types on some vehicles?! It happens sometimes that I cant shoot straightforward, the projectiles/explosives pull downward right in the ground...

thanks for answers

I have a question regarding defense towers (I've read the manual). Can they be captured by engineer vehicles? Also it seems that the 10mm ion cannons have no or little effect on them. Can they only be destroyed with heavy caliber weapons? Thanks.

Los

Originally posted by ham1:

Hello, at first I want to ask you if I can buy dropteam without downloading, can I buy it in any store or something?

Dropteam will be available from Battlefront only and not sold in stores initially (except in - drumroll - Russia), but you won't have to download it if you don't want to. You place your order and pay with credit card or check, and will receive the game by mail. We're shipping out of two warehouses: Vermont, USA or Ireland, Europe, depending on your location.

Martin

Originally posted by ham1:

Is it normal that I cant switch the ammunition types on some vehicles?! It happens sometimes that I cant shoot straightforward, the projectiles/explosives pull downward right in the ground...

The mortars automatically pick the rounds based on distance. So if your target is out of range, the short range rounds won't be wasted.

When using a mortar, try using Ctrl-M to bring up a targeting map. Put the cross hairs on the target in the map and fire away.

Ctrl-M again to close the targeting map

Originally posted by Los:

I have a question regarding defense towers Can they be captured by engineer vehicles? Also it seems that the 10mm ion cannons have no or little effect on them. Can they only be destroyed with heavy caliber weapons? Thanks.

Los

Touch the towers with your engineer unit. You should see a "Capturing" dialog in the lower right corner. Towers can be destroyed by artillery and mortars, but it takes a few hits.

Originally posted by Grappler:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ham1:

The mortars automatically pick the rounds based on distance. So if your target is out of range, the short range rounds won't be wasted.

When using a mortar, try using Ctrl-M to bring up a targeting map. Put the cross hairs on the target in the map and fire away.

Ctrl-M again to close the targeting map </font>

Do the long range rounds work at short range as well?
No. Based on range the ballistics computer selects one or the other, even if you're out. This probably should be changed to allow the high velocity rounds when the range is short, but to continue to disallow the low velocity rounds when range is too high.