Crashes [mac]

Bnej

- Game crashes every time now for me on joining game. Game loads, enter mission, CTD.

- Before, was crashing if High-definition rendering was selected.

Don't know what happened, but now I can't join games at all. Prefs are not changed from when it was working.

[ March 19, 2006, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: ClaytoniousRex ]

Make it crash again, then email the Dropteam.log (which should be in /Applications) to me with a note that it's from Bnej.

After doing that, if you want to try some workarounds while waiting for us to reply, you can try reverting to default settings to see if she will fly again. To do this, you will need to delete the file called Setting.dat inside of the DropTeam.app bundle. It's in DropTeam.app/Contents/Resources/data. You can get in there via Finder by right clicking on DropTeam.app and selecting "Show Contents", or you can do it in Terminal like this:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">cd /Applications

rm -rf DropTeam.app/Contents/Resources/data/Settings.dat</pre>

I'm having the same problem as Bnej, now. I was playing fine the other night (playing against Bnej, in fact) and tonight I crash every time I join a server, after it loads. Tried two different servers and same problem.

I'm running the G4 1.25 dual with the mirrored drive doors, but it has 1GB of RAM installed. It still has the default Radeon 9000 with 64mb of RAM. I've sent the log off to Claytonious' email address.

I just tried again on a third server and it now works just as inexplicably as it didn't work before. Very odd. Also, other people were on the servers I was crashing out of, so it wasn't apparently a general problem with them.

I had the same issue when I first tried it, the only setting I had changed was the resolution from 800x600@32 to 1024x768@32.. It would crash as soon as I entered a game. So I deleted it and unpackaged it again, not changing anything and it worked fine for a while.

Now all of a sudden without changing anything it started crashing on joining games again!

Also, I'm not sure if this was coincidence or not, but on every server where I started issuing orders to bots (telling them what to drop and where mostly) they crashed a short while later and this happened on 3 different servers in a row..

I also have the G4 1.25 dual with 1GB ram and the base radeon 9000.

I have a GeForce 6800 GT DDL 256mb.

Haven't touched the default controls. Played 3 or 4 games last night, not a problem. Before I had about 5 or 6 consecutive instant crashes on joining (when I posted the thread), reboot didn't fix.

Originally posted by ClaytoniousRex:

When you find a server that makes you crash, try turning off the "Terrain VBO" option and then joining that server again. Let's see if that makes the crash go away. If so, this will point me toward the actual problem.

I've been having the same crashing problem (sporadically). I tried turning off "Terrain VBO" as you suggested and I played for about 3 hours without any crashes. I'll email the log if it happens again.

15" PowerBook G4 1.67 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Mobility Radeon 9700 w/ 128 MB VRAM.

The VBO thing doesn't seem to make any difference, sometimes it crashes on loading over and over then suddenly it will just start working..

I have crash logs from a crash that happened after the loading and another from mid game, should I e-mail them somewhere? Or post them here?

The customize controls doesn't seem to function at all at the moment? At least not for Mac..