So what's the deal now? Moon? Anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well really you can already play this game sorta. You have CMBB so play CMBB all this does it make a campaign link out of CMBB and there's even already campaigns in CMBB that do that already albeit it's all tactical not strategic. Although I am anxious for this game also I'm still going to miss that it will never have random generated campaigns like Matrixgames Karkhov by Koios does. That's what I'm playing waiting on this one an other than the weird infantry death system it's not a bad game.

Good to see this project is still alive.

I'm actually looking more forward to CMC than I am for Theatre of War 2. Though it may not be as graphicly pretty (unless you're using MikeyD's awesome textures!) CMBB just has so much more depth. Individually modelled infantry, a proper PzI, Pz35(t), T-40, IS-3, etc., and rolling vehicle and tank wheels would really nail it home with CMBB's superiority. It's too bad those can't be modded in. However, I still play CMBB almost daily.

My credit card is standing by, guys.

You haven't been a member long enough to complain about the release date for this particular title. *grin*

Also, for goodness' sakes, let the designers get it right as far as possible the first time! :D I realize patch-fixes are almost a certainty, but does anyone really want them to repeat the problems with TOW and CMSF?

Five more years is fine, so long as it's done right (or a close facsimile thereof). Take all the time y'all need, Moon.

Well really you can already play this game sorta. You have CMBB so play CMBB all this does it make a campaign link out of CMBB and there's even already campaigns in CMBB that do that already albeit it's all tactical not strategic. Although I am anxious for this game also I'm still going to miss that it will never have random generated campaigns like Matrixgames Karkhov by Koios does. That's what I'm playing waiting on this one an other than the weird infantry death system it's not a bad game.
There doesn't seem to be any tactical AI at all, or has that changed?

Five more years is fine, so long as it's done right (or a close facsimile thereof). Take all the time y'all need, Moon.

I'm already moth-balling my old PC which can run CMBB - just to ensure it still runs when CMC comes out.

Meanwhile a new err.... old additional graphics adapter for the new machine will function as backup.

So that means the issues with nvidia+vista and cmbb won't be addressed with the launch of CMC?

I know it's not battlefront's fault, and probably it's a lot of work (read expensive) but CMBB and CMAK run painfully slow on my new laptop and I won't fork out whatever microsoft is asking for an XP license just to run CM.

End of rant, I'll be buying CMC anyway.... can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok...

It's been a long time since we've heard anything form the developers themselves. It would be nice to hear anything at all regarding Campaigns; snippets, teasers, blogs, anything...

Is work continuing? A major snag found in testing? Sabattical? Work cancelled?

My life doesn't hang by a thread in regards to reading any news on this product, but it is eagerly anticipated! C'mon, let us know something, kay?

I am ready for this game. My son is ready for this game. We took my extensive model collection (close to 1,000 pcs) and decided to have a major campaign with the stuff I have by playing it out in CMBB & CMAK. We started on rules for ammo, supply, experience, travel speeds, artillery ranges and combat readiness. We made a map of the county we live in almost 4 feet square. Then I heard the awesome news about CMC. We decided to wait, focus on an Ostfront Campaign, and play it out in CMC when its available. So we wait.

So how could someone get the opportunity to test the CMC program?

• 3 weeks later...