What are your expectations towards CMC?

Redwolf

Maybe this will be a useful thread now that things are getting polished up.

What's the minimum that would make you buy CMC?

(Those people who already made up their mind not to buy it please stay out, thank you).

For me, I'd pay a full game price basically for any improvement in CMBB, be it higher resolutions, fortifications bug or some merges from CMAK (my pets turn rates and bog rates) or command delay. I couldn't care less about Vista, in my opinion those people who "upgraded" to it are morons.

Having bought the game anyway, I'll see what the operational layer has to offer and experiment with whatever made it in. I don't think it's worthwhile to figure out too much stuff beforehand. Ideally, there'd be a Rumblings of War style tourney around CMC. Actually that would make my day, we had a blast back then and anything that gets us back into the theme for a while is worth much more than the $50.

Anybody else? What's your threshold of pulling the money trigger?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am long past trying to pull the trigger (ha).

The shot is out, I am just waiting to adjust for effect. I have wanted a campaign connection for CMBB from the start. Remember the points by Battlefront were that it was unrealistice to have a unit a this level fight a campaign, as all the troops would be dead or wounded in just a short time. Audy Murphy wrote that there was just one other soldier left in his unit that was there when he started. The German who wrote Forgotten Soldier (Guy Saur, I think), made it through the war with the GD division, with I think three or four out of his squad. I always felt that didnt matter. They get replacements, so give me a Battalion, and lets go.

I still play CMBB, with two others. What other game that I have can I claim this? None.

As long as it is not terribly expensive. From what I expect out of it, I would care to pay something like 30$US, but we'll see, I guess.

Of course, alot depends upon any community that grows around it, also. Do people decide they enjoy playing H2H with the CMC supra-game or do they not. I can also foresee one or two persons running the CMC campaign while others commit to the battles, which would relieve having to have CMC, possibly, provided there are export capabilities, which actually I doubt.

I agree markl an e-license would kill me wanting to buy it. I like physical copies of all my games. I just will not direct download one. If I can't get it at Amazon.com or in a brick n mortar store I just won't buy it. Don't care if it has a box, jewel case is just fine. Though I would prefer a printed manual I can give that up as long as I can still get a phycical shipment.

Hi!

I'm too old to know what "eLicense" is, and I want my game as something I can hold in my hand. A CD/DVD + a printed manual(I like to read in bed and my wife don't like to have computers in there) makes me feel good.

[ May 05, 2008, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: Sgt AA ]

Originally posted by Panzer_M 2.0:

right now the controls on PC:Kharkov are give me fits after the years of Combat Mission.

If I can get a campaign going with this system I am 100% going to "buy it now" as the ebay term goes.

My words exactly smile.gif

Originally posted by Kellysheroes:

I agree markl an e-license would kill me wanting to buy it. I like physical copies of all my games. I just will not direct download one.

Just curious why you feel so strongly about this issue? I certainly like having a bound hard copy of the manual rather than pdf printout, but other than that I think I prefer downloaded games--just more convenient, at least for me.

My expectation is revitalised CMBB playing. Being in Band of Brothers with 256 players it is going to be a cinch to have an on-going campaign : )

Actually on reflection possibly two or three if people favour different periods of the war. MMMmmm could be a problem.

Incidentally if anyone wishes to be sponsored into the club through the initial game by me ........

addys in the profile.

Club here

http://webandofbrothers.de/index.htm

Friendly club rather than intense ladderish type. Because of that playing should be fun - and everyone is vetted pre-joining to cut drop-outs : )

Originally posted by 76mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kellysheroes:

I agree markl an e-license would kill me wanting to buy it. I like physical copies of all my games. I just will not direct download one.

Just curious why you feel so strongly about this issue? I certainly like having a bound hard copy of the manual rather than pdf printout, but other than that I think I prefer downloaded games--just more convenient, at least for me. </font>

Originally posted by Sgt AA:

Hi! I'm too old to know what "eLicense" is, ...

Most Battlefront games now come protected with a digital rights management system called eLicense. eLicense prevents illegal copying and sharing of games, yet is not annoying to paying customers and not intrusive to your hardware. Details here Sgt AA:

FAQ on eLicense

Redwolf:

Yes, only if you want to install a 3rd copy of the software. Each license code of a particular game allows you to have the game installed and licensed on two computers (locations) at one time. Therefore, if you want to license the game in two spots, just license the second install as you would normally.

In order to install and license the game in a third spot, you will first have to unlicense it on one of your two other computers (locations).

The license you are granted for Battlefront games is “mobile”. It allows you to unlicense an installation, de-install the game, re-install on a different computer, and then re-license again. You can do this an unlimited number of times. So even if you used up both licenses previously, once you unlicense the game, you regain that license and can use it to install the game elsewhere.

[ May 07, 2008, 06:17 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by Yushal:

What is to stop a guy from uninstalling the game, then rolling back his computer?

Nothing. However, the people who can do that have a brain and are less likely to pirate the game in the first place. Maybe they use it to run it on more boxes for their own use (two notebooks, one desktop or similar).