Battlefront Says It's Still Alive

KG_Jag

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a longtime CMx1 supporter fan of and participant in campaign gaming I look forward to hearing more positive news like this.

Just as an aside; I'm running CMAK on my new PC with no problems. Haven't tried CMBB since the new build... but here's my system, and if anyone has similar and not working I'd be happy to compare what settings and so forth I am running CMAK with no problems.

Intel E6750 Conroe

ABIT IP35 Pro mobo

GeForce 8800GTS 640MB

2GB Patriot DDR2 1066 RAM

Win XP Pro SP2

Originally posted by gibsonm:

Well then wait another X years and buy the CMX2 Ost Front module. smile.gif

Has there been an announcement that CMX2 Ost Front is coming out in ten years? Did I miss something?!? Do you have a link? Is "Ost Front" the official title? Any screenies? Will it support WEGO? tongue.gif

The Vista compatibility issue is getting more complicated: Bill Gates gave a press conference a week ago and said he was very excited about Microsoft's plan to release Vista's successor a year to eighteen months ahead of schedule. That may mean that Vista will only get foisted on new computer users for another year. If I were about to get a new computer I most certainly would not get one with Vista, and if I were a game designer I would think twice about devoting too many resources to Vista compatibility.

Originally posted by John Kettler:

... whistles up Winecape for Ultimate ROW...

I'm (still) here. ;)

PS/EDIT: I like the name: "Ultimate RoW" It certainly will be called just that when I invite the die-hard fans to "campaign" about. See discussion thread HERE - and yes, it's still on.

[ April 13, 2008, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Originally posted by WineCape:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by John Kettler:

... whistles up Winecape for Ultimate ROW...

I'm (still) here. ;)

PS/EDIT: I like the name: "Ultimate RoW" It certainly will be called just that when I invite the die-hard fans to "campaign" about. See discussion thread HERE - and yes, it's still on. </font>

I assume CMC (whenever it gets released) will include a new CD (that is widescreen compatible)with the package. Maybe they can also throw in a few bones like multi-turreted AFVS a la CMAK.

Hope so, looking forward to getting back into CM--sorry, CMSF never did appeal to me and I still won't buy it until the WWII module is released.

I still shake my head in wonder as to why the die-hard CM 1 series fans had to be saddled with modern warfare because of CM designers WWII burnout. Funny, I thought it was the customers desires that matter in business.

I had to laugh. Look who has been checking on the hope that Combat Mission Campaigns yet lives.

WineCape, Redwolf, John Kettler (I still remember the beating I took at your hands in ROW2, that damn night battle). I wonder how many veterans of those legendary games are waiting, for a return of the greatest game we had played to that day (and maybe even still).

I was so excited to see this possibility was real, I had to reopen my account with Battlefront, once upon a time, I was member number 1039.

So, I too have returned to wait and to hope:

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

Originally posted by Tom Norton:

I had to laugh. Look who has been checking on the hope that Combat Mission Campaigns yet lives.

WineCape, Redwolf, John Kettler (I still remember the beating I took at your hands in ROW2, that damn night battle). I wonder how many veterans of those legendary games are waiting, for a return of the greatest game we had played to that day (and maybe even still).

I was so excited to see this possibility was real, I had to reopen my account with Battlefront, once upon a time, I was member number 1039.

So, I too have returned to wait and to hope:

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

Tom, may if you ask they can give you your number back? ;)

Thanks, Boris. Yea, I have to admit, I tried. But, I had lost the old password with the old computer and web address (use to be AOL). So, when the hope Campaigns started to become real, and I wanted to come back, I couldnt prove it was really me. Though, I suspect all the guys who use to beat me could prove it (HA).

Oh well, the important thing is the strong possibility that this game is real, and I look forward to the old comradeship that marked the CMBB days.

Talking of old vets, you sir, at number 63, have seen it all. Congrats!

Tom Norton,

Hello to you! "Sounds in the Night" practically gave me PTSD, for it took all I had to get through it. Did I retire to some quiet place of green pastures and babbling brooks? No, I got into another one ("Fire on the Mountain") and nearly lost my mind.

Lengthy recuperation followed, after which came nerve macerating "Squeezing the Melon." I'm sure I left out a few, but you get the idea.

Boris Balaban,

Owner of the fastest shooting M-10 in the West! Every now and then I cross paths with the AAR of our fight--and cringe!

Do either of you have any AARs from back then, Invitational or ROW? If so, please post them at the link and be sure to E-mail them to Kingfish, keeper of the official archive. Mine was more of a dig through the public material. Speaking of Kingfish, he's converting FotM to CMAK.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=30;t=003745;p=2#000026

WineCape,

Meant to say I was glad to know Ultimate ROW was still on.

Regards,

John Kettler