Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM only works in software mode

I have a CL TNT2 16meg and I can't get CM to work in any mode except software mode. The game freezes when the Primary Display Driver is used. I have all the latest drivers for TNT2 and SBlive.

Also, how do you disable the ambient sounds in CM. Maybe that'll work.

Thanks all

How far into the game can you get before locking up ? Do you get beyond the "Loading 3D Graphics" screen ?

What drivers are you using for your TNT2 ? Are they Creative releases or are they NVidia Reference drivers ? What version of DirectX do you have loaded and what version of Windows ?

Do you know if your TNT2 and SB Live share an IRQ ? If they do, then this coud cause possible problems. Turning off the ambient sounds in this case may help.

The game always freezes or CTD in the first or second turn in any mode except software mode. I have tried the latest Creative and nVidia drivers. I use DirectX 8.0 although I've tried it from 6.1 to 7.0a. OS is Win98.

How do you turn of ambient sounds? Cards don't share IRQ. Any advice would help.

Its a great game, even in software mode.

To turn off ambient sounds press Shift+S. "On" and "Off" will be ambient-free. "On+Ambient" will be the setting to avoid.

Have you performed any "uninstalls" on all the video drivers you have installed ? You may have to experiment with the AGP and Textures options for DirectX. In the past some people had some luck reducing the AGP or Graphics Aperture setting in their CMOS/BIOS setup. However many BIOSs don't offer an option to reduce this to a level that would have any effect.