Looking forward to this game...

My guess is that they guy who is developing CMC has run out of money and as such has run out of ambition to finish the game. Anyway, once CM:SF comes out and Battlefront announces that their next CMx2 based game will be WW2 based, this forum will finally be laid to rest.

I hope not too. However, if it is true, I would sign any petition asking Battlefront to release a patched CMBB exe that allows the clear text importing and exporting of battle files and results! You can bet that the community would then have multiple different working campaign systems developed within six months.

All you have to do is look at the "Scorched Earth : Online War" campaign project (http://www.scorchedearthxtreme.org) for IL-2 to see what kind of work is possible from a dedicated community such as the CM series and IL-2 have. Could you imagine a web based, massively multiplayer campaign system for CMBB along the lines of SE:OW? We'd be fighting the entire eastern front down to the squad level by now in one absolutely massive multiplayer campaign.

Oh well, maybe some day...