Interest in Rumblings of War Tourney, based on CMC?

WineCape

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hectically busy, will update prospective players' list (on first page) later.

I'm currently at the Mount Nelson Hotel in the 'Garden Room' tasting - a wine trade tasting to be exact. Cederberg's Shiraz 2004 and De Toren's Fusion V have so far emerged as outstanding! Will for sure include them as prizes for the CMC-RoWVI tourney! More to taste in a few minutes time ...

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the last ROW tourney and despite my relatively poor showing - only 1 win - 1 draw - and the remander (gallant) failures - I would love to play again this year.

Some improved timetabling would be great as it was a close run thing last year to get all the games closed out and the AAR's complete. But at least no one dropped out in my group and as far as I know we all completed the scenarios.

Cheers

Will let you guys later know the exact details regarding commitment once CMC is released and people has played with it a little bit.

My computer is in for repairs (the fossil @ work with the only internet connection) and typing this from an airport hotspot.

• 3 weeks later...

OT here, but WineCape, have you gotten any of my emails? I got the turn you sent, played it, and returned it. I also tried to explain that my turn would be delayed due to RL concerns. I don't know what is wrong with my emails, you don't seem to be getting them.

BTW, I haven't played in any tournaments, but I am a member in good standing of The Blitz, so put me on the list, at the bottom I am sure, for the tourney. Thanks for your support of CM and its community.

Cavscout,

I'm sending my turns the last odd week or so in zip form to you. Will try again today in .txt format. Your post noted for RoWVI-CMC.

noob,

You - and all - that reply here so noted. Please be aware the selection policy as stated elsewhere on this thread though wrt order of selection for the RoW-CMC upcoming tourney.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

how did i miss this thread? lol

glad to see theres plans for a new tourny smile.gif Will keep an eye on this thread from now on! :D

Also an Onion play ... although ive only got 2 games in one turn under my belt so far (a good defensive action and a bad tank defeat :( )

But a test on a thread ... i suck at tests ... how did i manage to pass my tests in college ?

By taking my teachers out one by one ... mental brakedowns of course not shooting them ... honest ;)

tongue.gif

Enigma

But a test on a thread ... i suck at tests
Nope. It probably will be a Commitment Questionaire to be filled in as per RoW I.

If you fail to finish the tourney despite your pledges otherwise, we'll nail your Lutherian to the door for all to see. Being declared a heretic on this board wrt RoW future tourney's will be nothing compared to Bachus' wrath ...

UPDATE & WARNING:

Potential USA players (and winners) in the forthcoming RoW VI-CMC tourney should take note of these regulations @ http://www.wineinstitute.org/programs/shipwine , more specifically http://wi.shipcompliant.com/Home.aspx pertaining to receiving wines from abroad.

That does not prevent you, as wine flag holder, from diverting some of your hard-earned booty to relatives living in a less restrictive state as per above website.