Interest in Rumblings of War Tourney, based on CMC?

WineCape

top_banner.jpg

Pretty picture and concept, eh?

In case you have not heard, Combat Mission Campaigns (CMC) will be released in 2006. [EDIT: Hopefully in 2008?]

I'm gathering interest, from ex-RoW players, CMC forum members etc. for a two-team CMC tourney via the Rumblings of War style later in the year. Obviously based on a slightly different RoW format. Please let me know if you are interested.

EDIT: Please read all pages on this thread (all WineCape postings) to get an idea of the upcoming RoW-CMC tourney later this year. More specific tourney details will be posted here after CMC's release.

List of names, on my spreadsheet, is as follows below. Please bear in mind that this list is *not* final. Since there are roughly only place for 40 players + 20 reserves [edit Oct06: Player totals will be increased, i.e. there will be more than 40 players - y'all will soon see why ;) ], all listed players will receive, when CMC luanches, a 'thesis/questionaire' as mentioned in this thread further on.

NOTE:

If you were part of a previous RoW and/or other campaign/normal tourney (or multiple RoW's) and your name is not listed below, then speak up. Non-tourney players can still apply.

Likewise, if you want to be removed, please say so.

76mm/Tom Reiter

Abbott

Ace Pilot

Andreas

Andrew Kulin/Ankulin

Bertram

Big Dog

Bigdogg944

Bigduke6

BigMac644

Bil Hardenberger

Boris Balaban

Brent Pollock

c3k

Capt T

Combined Arms

Cpl Carrot

Dalem

Dandelion

Dangerous Dave

Deadly 88

Denwad

Diesel Taylor

Dirtweasle

Elmar Bijlsma

Enigma

Enoch

Flenser

Frenchy/Steve Dixon

Frunze

George Mc

Green Hornet

GreenAsJade

Grimthane

Heavy Drop

Holien

Hunter

JasonC

Jaws

Joachim

John Bertles

John D Salt

John L

John O

JonS

JPS

K.A. Miles

Kanonier Reichmann

Kettler

KingFish

Kip Anderson

kump

Lindan

Londoner

Lt Bull

Malakovski

Melnibone

Mick Oz

Mike8g/Marcus Bloss

mPisi

Nidan1

Other Means

Panzer Twat

Peterk

Platehead

RawRecruit

Redwolf

Renaud

Richie

rune

Runyan99

Sandy

Scott B

Sergei

Sivodsi

Spanish Bombs

SpineRipper

Sripe

Steve McClaire

SteveS

Stickypixxie

Stoffel

StoneAge

Stryker/Kevin Grande

Tabpub

Ted

The Enigma

The_Capt

tlKillerich

Tom Travisano

Treeburst155

U8led

Victor Charlie

von Lucke

wadepm

Walpurgis Nacht

wellsonian

Wreck

WWB

xerxes/Marc S

More names [edit Oct06]

Fangorn

Cyrano

Reanimator

JeffWilders

Artavash

DerBlitzer

Shmavis

NG cavscout

noob

bobm44

forseti

Bertram

Beeper

We Build We Fight

nathangun

[ April 13, 2008, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that CMC will be a great instrument for a team game with a structure of command from divisional to battallion commander:

a taem play as allied and another play as axis, unlike the CMMC games of the past there are no problem of referee team too.

My impression is that is difficoult to found so many player with unlimited time for the game to form more than 2 team, and even with only 2 team may by useful have reserves.

I never play a team tournament but I am ready (and anxious) to start a game like this!

Originally posted by Scott B:

Winecape,

Just wanted to say that you're a total badass. I burned out on CM years ago and you're still going strong on these awesome tourneys after all this time. You rock, man.

Scott,

I only provide the prizes. It's your designer team at Boots & Track, with the able KingFish, that provide the sweat and the real success of the Rumblings Tourney.

Count me in. I was hoping something like this might come along. I was thinking of bugging the ROW management about whether another tournament was in the offing given some of the vague hints posted about it on the ROW V thread.

Great idea to give the CMC guys a little boost.