Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Bad Text Graphics running W2K

Most of my CMBO text graphics are flickering or double-imaged on my W2KPro machine with 32mb NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 M64 graphics card, driver 6.3.2, DirectX8.0aNT, 128 mg ram. Changing to 6.5 driver didn't help. Updating from CMBO 1.03 to 1.12 didn't help either. Have been told "Vsynch" might be disabled in my video drivers but have no idea how to check or fix that Help!

Guest Madmatt

I have been testing through various NVidia drivers on my W2K/Vanta powered server and have seen similar issues.

There are two issues and they maifest them as either: Flickering text in the 3D portion of the game or severally corrupted text inm menus and pages.

The corrupt text can usually be fixed by alt-tabbing out and back into the game but it seems to be a temporary fix only. The flickering text is proving to be harder to isolate and fix.

I got around it by running my desktop in 1024x768 and the game in 640x480. Thats seems to be the only combination where I get no flicker or corruption.

From what I have read here and from Nvidia the problem is related to the way W2K handles refresh rates and one fix that has worked for some people (assuming they have a good monitor) is to raise the refresh rate up above 100hz.

There is also an older version of the Detonator drivers (I *think* its 3.68) that doesnt show any issues.

The problem is with the drivers themselves though and I am continuing to test various settings to see if I can come up with a consistent fix/work around until such time as better drivers from Nvidia finally emerge.

Madmatt