Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

What is lnetsw95?

I am trying to do a set up for a large, large, large scenario, but I get about 20 minutes into moving my units around, and Windows pops up with a window that gives me an error message, and the title ribbon says "lnetsw95". I hit the x, and the window disappears, but when I go back into Combat Mission my system is crashed and I can't reload Combat Mission without rebooting. I get this error message everytime.

I tried to ctrl-alt-del before hand to see if I was running anything called lnetsw95 but it doesn't appear (thinking I could disable it before playing CM).

What is this, and how do I stop it? I've tried to set up several times now and it crashed each time. Very annoying.

It only seems to happen in this one large scenario. I've had this message come up before - but not when I'm playing CM. It doesn't seem to crash any other programs.

I believe this is a Microsoft program for the Personal Web Server; part of the Windows Messaging system. Typically when this application is loaded up it will appear in the taskbar (I don't use it, so I'm not sure of the details). I'm not sure why it wouldn't appear in a Ctrl-Alt-Del listing of running apps. Did you install MS Front Page or some sort of application from your ISP ? Which OS are you running ? Do you have a browser or email client open when your in CM ?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

I believe this is a Microsoft program for the Personal Web Server; part of the Windows Messaging system. Typically when this application is loaded up it will appear in the taskbar (I don't use it, so I'm not sure of the details). I'm not sure why it wouldn't appear in a Ctrl-Alt-Del listing of running apps. Did you install MS Front Page or some sort of application from your ISP ? Which OS are you running ? Do you have a browser or email client open when your in CM ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have Front Page installed on my hard drive. I tried the last game with nothing else running, but the error message still occurred, though typically I leave Outlook Express running while I play. I may have even had Front Page running - but again, the last time I had nothing else open and the error still occurred. I'm loathe to try again because I've already wasted 45 minutes on this setup to no avail. It's odd that I have no problems with any other CM game - but unfailingly, this large one has the error occur whilst I'm setting up.

It may be the amount of memory that CM is requiring during the creation of your large scenario that may be bumping into/running over the INETSW95 executable.

I'm not sure if this program is called up in the registry or elsewhere, but you can check by going to the Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information > Tools menu > System Configuration Utility > Startup tab; in here will be items that are called up from the registry and unchecking them will prevent them from loading (on the next boot).

Otherwise I'd make sure that you don't run Front Page in the same session (or even before) running CM to see if that affects anything.

I had a feeling it was something like that, too, but had no idea how to fix the problem. I truly appreciate the detailed response; I will see if it works. I kind of hate having realplayer and my cd writer running all the time, since I think I've used the cd writer maybe once in the last year. Yet I always have to wait during boot up for the logo to display - I will take a look at my settings and see if I can't disable it. Thanks again.