System requirements

Also, on top of system requirements, a kind

of parallel question is what kind of DRM

will CMSF use ?

I for one have only a DVD writer on my PC,

and it's already a fact it's a nogo with some

(absysally stupid) DRM "system" like Securom.

I've seen some absolute disasters due to DRM in

the gaming industry (check all of that http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=542650)

and I'm now moving to the mode where DRM is the

number 1 question to ask before buying, before

system reqts ...

Originally posted by Elmar Bijlsma:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by IsleOfMule:

Also, on top of system requirements, a kind

of parallel question is what kind of DRM

will CMSF use ?

Don't worry. BFC are pretty good about stuff like this. They are planning to use eLicense, which is a reasonable registration product. </font>

I have an ibook g4 and I cant play cmx1 on it because i cant use os9 on it. and i read that g4s might not be able to play it. im in a position where I might not be able to play any combat mission on my computer at all. so i was wondering if there are any games that if i can play on my computer will probably mean cmsf will work.

here are the games that i can comfortably run on my computer:

Halo

call of duty 2

homeworld 2

americas army

if i can play these will i be able to play cmsf?

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

No I am sorry but since CM:SF hasnt been released it most certainly will not work on your Mac. But if you send it to me I can fine tune your system in case it ever does come out.

Thank Me in Advance

-your welcome

PS Please send CM:SF cd with your problem computer to better diagnose your problem.

I believe I will have to piss upon you from a considerable height.

Straight down a two hundred foot cliff, with whatever passes for intelligence in your tide-pool brain wondering why the rain tastes slightly of lemon, garlic and ammonia.

And if you could actually post in fecking English, you halfwit, it's 'you're welcome'. Not '-your welcome'. 'You're' being a contraction of 'you are'.

This is a basic ability for anyone for whom English is their First Language.

But it's okay. We all make mistakes. There're whole web pages dedicated to my mistakes.

Just don't - ever - fecking do it again. Because I notice you posting a fair amount. And I'm not a tolerant man.

LOL. My first language isnt English. In fact since you have noticed that I have been posting since 1999, you will also notice that most of it is drivel anyway so why bother to make it to where Mrs Usselmann will not throw her book accross the room at me for such unforgivered sinns.

Plus in the part of Amerika I liveth in, there isnt any good english speaked anyway senor. Gracies and Kamsamnida

Kalinihxta <-Greek for good evening in letters you can atleast say! Also my first language with Italian my second and since I live in Los Angeles English may not even be my third anylonger.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that, if we are within several months of release, a fairly accurate run down of system requirements should be possible. I mean, they're playing the game right now, no?

I'm REALLY curious as to how many old ladies I'll have to mug in order to pay for the required computer. Give me some specs, please! I don't want to mug any more old ladies than I have to.

Thanks!!

Treeburst155 out.

• 3 weeks later...

how about a minimac 1.66ghz intel duo core ? Will that do it? anyone care to venture a guess?

(I found this thread by using the "search" function. This "search" function enables us to find information without asking the same question for the umpteenth time. I was going to ask in the "peng ladder thread", but they're so grumpy. Anywat seeing as the "search" function gave me no answers, here I am)

Originally posted by CMplayer:

how about a minimac 1.66ghz intel duo core ? Will that do it? anyone care to venture a guess?

(I found this thread by using the "search" function. This "search" function enables us to find information without asking the same question for the umpteenth time. I was going to ask in the "peng ladder thread", but they're so grumpy. Anywat seeing as the "search" function gave me no answers, here I am)

It's Mac mini, not Minimac, and Core duo, not duo core ! ;)

And, more seriously, it's only got an Intel integrated video chip (the GMA 900), instead of a real video card, so you won't be able to play any relatively recent game on it.

My question from a few days ago:

Well I decided to upgrade my two-year-old computer rather then purchase a new one. As far as I know Shock Force specifications are still unknown but for a few of the more knowledgable fellows around here (Steve, Martin, Matt, Rune?) or some of our resident Forum Pros. May know something or at least enough for a educated guess..

I recently upgraded the ram and video card.

AMD 3400 at 2.41 Ghz.

2.5 gigs of 400mhz RAM

GeForce 7800 GT OC (factory over-clocked by BFG)

Has anyone heard how such a system may run Shock Force?

Steve's answer from the following day:

Abbott,

I'll leave the really technical geek jargon to the technical geeks here. They're doing a good job Your new specs look fine. The Demo is, however, always the best way to test things. People have such individual definitions of how well a game runs. I know people that played CMx1 games in slideshow mode (i.e. 1 or 2 fps) and never complained, while other people were bitching if they weren't getting 30fps all the time

Originally posted by Glukx Ouglouk:

It's Mac mini, not Minimac, and Core duo, not duo core !

Is that just because you guys say everything backwards in France? ;)

Seriously tho thanks for the info, and thanks too to Redwolf. As you all said, I guess the chip is okay but the video card will probably be too sucky.

I have used elicense for a half dozen games I own and I can vouch for them.

You can use the game on two systems at once, unistalling and reinstalling a license is very quick and easy.

There customer support is also top notch, most questions are replied to by e-mail within a few hours.

Even in the early morning hours of weekends

So I need to get the Demo before I know system requirements. This is because only I can determine what defines acceptable game performance for ME.

This is an acceptable answer to the question, "What are the system requirements?" It's not exactly helpful; but it is an acceptable answer to the question asked.

Let's try another question, an answer to which might be a bit more helpful.

To the Beta Tester with the slowest machine: What are your machine specs? Do YOU consider the game to be playable on your machine; or will you be upgrading very soon?

Treeburst155 out.

I wonder, presumably there should be two recommended specs - one if you want to play in real time and another if you only want to play in WEGO. I am assuming that WEGO will be less taxing to run as a lot of the calculations can be done when the turn is being built, leaving the PC to just render all the polygons in real time.