Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Voodoo5 / Graphic Glitches

Hi guys,

Since day one I always had problems with CM and the Voodoo5. My original problem was that when I started the game in non-FSAA mode I would get "weird lag" between screens in the menu section of the game. It looked like the screen not not refresh correctly. This never happened with 2X or 4X FSAA.

Now with Direct X 8.0 and the newest W2K drivers for the Voodoo 5 (designed to work with DX 8.0) I have a new set of problems:

1. The original problem still exsists.

2. All tank gun barrels as well as machine guns appear as white (no textures).

3. When plotting movement or using the LOS utility it does NOT indicate red or black color anymore, just green and white.

I do not have any other issues with any other games at this time.

Thanks,

Tom

Unfortunately, I believe all of these issues are related to the drivers and there may not be anything you can do until 3dfx updates the drivers. I'm not sure how much more your problems are aggravated by running under W2K. For some video cards/drivers W2K poses more challenges (i.e. - problems) than Win9x/ME.

I can't remember if W2K has a "hardware acceleration" slider for 2D or not. If it does then you may want to adjust it down to see if it helps with your first problem of a "weird lag" in the refresh.

There should be some other members on this board who are running the same setup as you and they may have some hints or different info.