Cool things you have seen the AI do

There is plenty of discussion on the AI, although it is mainly revolving around the faults. I have no problem with that, as I have aired concerns of my own. ;)

However, I thought it would be interesting to hear about nifty and/or smart things you have seen the AI do, whether by accident or design.

My initial entry: Stryker was unbuttoned, and an AT-3 engaged it. A few seconds before the missile hit, the TC presumably spotted the incoming missile and buttoned up just before impact. I checked, and he was not reloading, or under small arms fire (the range was over 1000 meters).

The other day I had some guys on top of a building with their Javelins. I wanted them to locate an ATGM that had killed 2 of my tanks.

As they spotted the site and I prepared to have them kill it with the Jav, BANG! The ATGM team fired at my men killing most of them!!!

I have never seen them fire at infantry but in this case somehow they saw the threat and reacted immediately!!!

Although that was a devastating blow, I thought it way cool how the AI reacted.

-

Originally posted by Brent Pollock:

RPG team in a trench was getting stormed by a squad. Before actually making a visual contact, both team mates threw grenades at the sound contact that was just over the rise.

Yes, I have noticed that the AI is now very good at grenading the crap out of trenches before entering them.

I've seen the ai do some cool things. One I remember was a squad crossing a dangerous street. The last guy went down. He was red. Under fire, another guy went out and tried to administer medical treatment. He was cut down. The rest of the guys decided to open fire in the direction of the enemy fire. They killed the enemy and were able to give lifesaving medical support to the 2 red wounded. It reminded me of "Full Metal Jacket", when 8-ball got shot and animal-mutha went off with the 60.

Ordering my men to assault superiour fortified enemy across minefield where already ten corpses and burning remains of two Strykers were showing the result of earlier attempt... And they didn't even budge from their safe spots. :eek:

Well that was more because of poor AI-plan than self-preservation of my troops. Guys didn't respond to movement-orders anymore. I think this happens if reincorcements enters area outside their AI-plan or something... Atleast in earlier versions.

In Trident Valley scenario as Syrian (the most difficult side )in 1.06, a squad on a hill outside one of the 3 villages hit the enemy Bradley's flank. 10 seconds later, the Bradley left the village then moved around the squad until the vehicle spots my soldiers. :eek:

I don't know whether it was the results of a well timed AI plan or a dynamic AI decision .

Anyway, it's sill amazing.

I have bit same thing from same mission (been playing it quite alot now) I had whole company waiting in vicinity of one (northernmost) village: one platoon cutting down road leading to village, one in village and one in reserve behind village. One Bradley platoon was on it's way to there too.

First bradley kinda panicked when it recived fire from behind (platoon cutting road) it started it's frenzy amok around village and in middle of my company: basically almost every AT-guy and BMP got change to shoot it at some point of time, alot missed rocket flew at that moment. I don't know how many hits it got while wandering around, but it had be atleast 10. Finally it lost it's track. Now it formed an sitting duck target, but this duck seemed to be still impossible to kill. Luckly it didn't fire back (might have been quite a mess that Bradley). I have two squads trying to take it out at this point and two BMPs heading to it's location (little but safe valley in between two platoons), but no luck crew stayed inside and nothing blew-up. It survined 3-4 minutes in total in from first rocket to moment when crew finally desided to dismount. That has been by far most resistant vehicle and most determed crew i've seen in CMSF.