What the...

Exel

So was playing Jisrash Shughur or something like that, managing my Strykers (argh!), looking down on the battle from near cloud level, when a strangely straight line formation of one of my squads caught my eye. I zoom closer to inspect, and see this:

cmsf.jpg

What on Earth is going on? I had placed the squad on the rooftop a few turns earlier with no further orders, there was some sporadic firing on their part, no casualties. The last action I'm aware of was the squad merging two previously split teams back into one.

I notice the squad is tired, so maybe this is just them having a break from all the fighting and stretching out a bit? tongue.gif:D

Originally posted by Exel:

So was playing Jisrash Shughur or something like that, managing my Strykers (argh!), looking down on the battle from near cloud level, when a strangely straight line formation of one of my squads caught my eye. I zoom closer to inspect, and see this:

cmsf.jpg

What on Earth is going on? I had placed the squad on the rooftop a few turns earlier with no further orders, there was some sporadic firing on their part, no casualties. The last action I'm aware of was the squad merging two previously split teams back into one.

I notice the squad is tired, so maybe this is just them having a break from all the fighting and stretching out a bit? tongue.gif:D

What version of the game did you see this in? Do you by chance still have a save game of this?

We had thought we had fixed this issue in the past, but its possible a certain set of conditions could still trigger it. Whats happening is that the model is reverting to its "default" pose, with no animation being played properly.

Madmatt

Originally posted by Madmatt:

What version of the game did you see this in? Do you by chance still have a save game of this?

We had thought we had fixed this issue in the past, but its possible a certain set of conditions could still trigger it. Whats happening is that the model is reverting to its "default" pose, with no animation being played properly.

Madmatt

1.03. I do have the game saved right after I noticed that.

I've seen plenty of that during playback in v1.03. Sometimes it goes away just by restarting the WEGO video. I have also seen soldiers moving/floating in other, slightly less ridiculous, fixed positions.

I've had a casualty do the "airplane" in v1.03 while lying on his side; made it look like he was holding his IV bag for the "Medic".

Sorry - no saved files, but I'll try to remember to grab one next time.

• 1 month later...