So, who's disappointed?

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Speedy:

I will probably buy CM:SF, though I am not a modern nut, it looks interesting.

I am unlikely to pick up the second title though as I have been playing western europe 44-45 for the last 6 years and with a much vaster oob and scope that any cmx2 game is likely to provide.

I think that CMX3s first title will be modern combat again. I will probably bee feed up by modern by then so I will not bye the first title of CMX3. NOOOOT.

Can people stop complaining about games to come. You know nothing aboot how they play or if you like them or not! Wait for the freaking demo!

Is there a overrepresentation of prophets in these forums?

If you dont like the setting, fine. But do you think your bithing will change anything? If you do you have a serius egoproblem!

I'm used to play in a 9m x 9m sand box. This sandbox have a Stryker in it but is only 6m x 6m so i will not like it. Grow up.

BF's new businessmodel is god. There old was GOLD for us players. But for BF its financial suicide. Be greatfull for the time you had.

/Björn ELfström

Prefer WWII so I would have to be really wowed by the demo before I would consider it. Modern combat could be ok I guess but I am also a little disapointed that the first release is a "fictional" title (and personally I am a little burned out on the whole mideast thing anyway after all these years of having a daily network news deluge of bombings and death from that part of the world). If we were going fictional would rather have seen a hardline coup in the Soviet Union igniting a war or Krazy Kim in Korea or something along those lines. Of course the basic terrain type in the desert will give the developers a break in working out the squad footprint and AI using terrain to its advantage.

Even though it might not be my cup of tea I still wish Battlefront all the best as CM has always been great and I will certainly be back around for the second release and any Eastern front release as well. :D

Originally posted by Bamse:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

I am unlikely to pick up the second title though as I have been playing western europe 44-45 for the last 6 years and with a much vaster oob and scope that any cmx2 game is likely to provide.

I think that CMX3s first title will be modern combat again. I will probably bee feed up by modern by then so I will not bye the first title of CMX3. NOOOOT.

Can people stop complaining about games to come. You know nothing aboot how they play or if you like them or not! Wait for the freaking demo!

Is there a overrepresentation of prophets in these forums?

If you dont like the setting, fine. But do you think your bithing will change anything? If you do you have a serius egoproblem!

I'm used to play in a 9m x 9m sand box. This sandbox have a Stryker in it but is only 6m x 6m so i will not like it. Grow up.

BF's new businessmodel is god. There old was GOLD for us players. But for BF its financial suicide. Be greatfull for the time you had.

/Björn ELfström </font>

I am curious, what did I say that got you so upset? [/QB]

I am unlikely to pick up the second title though as I have been playing western europe 44-45 for the last 6 years and with a much vaster oob and scope than any cmx2 game is likely to provide.

Sorry speedy! You just got the whole vomit because you where the last poster.

My reaction was to ALL the whining prophets in this thread.

My reaction to your post was based on that you said you probably wont bye CMX2 second title because you have a game with a vaster oob and scope. How can you make such a prediction from 2 screenshots and some rather simple descriptions from BF? Is it because you want the 9m x 9m plain sandbox and you think you wont be satiesfied with the 6m x 6m with the Stryker in it? Maby the new engine is so great that you never play a CMx1 game again? You can impossible know that know, so why make a comment aboot it?

/Björn Elfström

I have to confess that, as a Brit, I'm not that sure exactly what a "Stryker Brigade" is. I assume it's some sort of light infantry force similar to the US Rangers in Somalia.

I for one welcome a modern fictional Middle-East setting. They could have said, it's "Combat Mission: Iraqi Freedom" or something to avoid the "fictional" tag, but that would have alienated a lot of people on the grounds that the war is still "hot" and people are dying there as we speak. Instead, they have guessed, correctly IMO, that people would like the opportunity to wargame the sort of forces currently in Iraq, but in a fictional setting so that it is a bit detached from the current on-going conflict. This is the model that has already been used in games such as "Full Spectrum Warrior" and "Close Combat: First to Fight".

The Campaign mode so many have been calling for now makes perfect sense, as you would expect a US light infantry unit to survive numerous engagements without being totally destroyed. Now you get the chance to take your small but well equipped force through such a series of engagements against a determined but militarily inferior foe.

The MOUT setting also makes it possible to have modern vehicles used with short engagement ranges. One of the fears about a modern setting was that tanks could hit with their first shot out to 2 or 3 km range. The range of modern tank main armament is less important if the foe is militia or insurgents hiding in a town.

I wish Battlefront every success with the new game and will definitely be buying it if the demo is even half decent.

You can impossible know that know, so why make a comment aboot it?

Ummm.. maybe it's because he has every right to make comment about it as much as any one else?

It's Speedy's choice of whether or not he want to buy something, no one else can make him buy it.

Of course, I won't be able to whip his butt like I normally do if he doesn't get the second release, but hey these things happen. :D

[ October 08, 2005, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: Mace ]

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

I have to confess that, as a Brit, I'm not that sure exactly what a "Stryker Brigade" is. I assume it's some sort of light infantry force similar to the US Rangers in Somalia.

I didn't know anything about the Finns in WWII before I bought CMBB either. Part of the fun about wargames, I think, is learning. Likewise, if BFC makes a UK module to Game 1, I'll buy that too, as the entire British military system is confusing as hell. Hopefully a Brit module will help me understand a bit more. smile.gif

And FWIW - the Strykers are "medium" infantry. Basically take a light infantry brigade and give them lots of AT missiles and some armored vehicles to move around in and you've got a good idea. smile.gif

I don't post often, cause BF has generally kept me quite content... Not this time.

I'll check out the demo, maybe I'll buy it, probably not.

All WWII, All the time

Originally posted by fytinghellfish:

I didn't know anything about the Finns in WWII before I bought CMBB either. Part of the fun about wargames, I think, is learning. Likewise, if BFC makes a UK module to Game 1, I'll buy that too, as the entire British military system is confusing as hell. Hopefully a Brit module will help me understand a bit more. smile.gif

Hahahahaha.

DOOMED!

The organisation of the British Military is quite a morass.

www.armedforces.co.uk ought to help.

I will probably buy Shock Force (I want to call it Strike Force, for some reason) in the hope that the British Military will be in one of the expansion modules.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

I am curious, what did I say that got you so upset?

I am unlikely to pick up the second title though as I have been playing western europe 44-45 for the last 6 years and with a much vaster oob and scope than any cmx2 game is likely to provide.

Sorry speedy! You just got the whole vomit because you where the last poster.

My reaction was to ALL the whining prophets in this thread.

My reaction to your post was based on that you said you probably wont bye CMX2 second title because you have a game with a vaster oob and scope. How can you make such a prediction from 2 screenshots and some rather simple descriptions from BF? Is it because you want the 9m x 9m plain sandbox and you think you wont be satiesfied with the 6m x 6m with the Stryker in it? Maby the new engine is so great that you never play a CMx1 game again? You can impossible know that know, so why make a comment aboot it?

/Björn Elfström [/QB]</font>

I'm thinking a Canadian title somewhere down the line may be a natural too (well, aside from the fact we probably woulnd't be any more likely to go to Syria than we were to GW I, GW II, etc.) - since we use a lot of the same "stuff" - LAV III, C6, C7, C8, C9 (all Canadian versions of weapons in use in the US military - or will be in 2007, eh).

Time will tell.

I didn't read all 5 pages of this thread, just to voice my opinion as a single customer:

I'll most likely NOT buy it.

Personally I have no problem with the time-frame. Let it be modern warfare, that's fine with me. But having only the US Side in a campaign, and Syria as the only other option in a quick battle, that is just not the kind of units/nations I'm interested in.

<slightly off topic rant>

My problem with the game market today in general is that everyone and their mom sell stuff for the american market. European units, european weapons and vehicles hardly ever get done. I realize the US is simple the biggest market, but I'd love to see a detailed Eurofighter-Sim one day (not just the next F-22/F-16 one) Or a detailed tank sim (thankfully at least Steel Beasts does the Leopard2A4 used by my own country).

A game that gives me european hardware to control allows me to identify with the forces involved. US only does not do this. At least with WW2, one of these german soldiers portraied in game could have been grandpa or my grand-uncle. There's a certain historical connection to it. With the US Stuff dominating the market, there is not.

</rant off>

Aside of that, the asymetrical aspect (big country with super tanks and airpower against second-grade hardware and airforce) doesn't sound too exciting.

I may buy if there's a module with german or british forces involved. Other than that, I'll buy Histwar to support Battlefront.

Oh, and even the second game, WW2 setting, is not too hot on my list if it can't offer a german campaign side as well. Again, I don't like being forced to play as American Soldiers in these games.

Originally posted by Mace:

Ummm.. maybe it's because he has every right to make comment about it as much as any one else?

Of course it's his right, but whats the point?

He cant know that at this point.

It's Speedy's choice of whether or not he want to but something, no one else can make him buy it.

I have never said anything aboot him bying it or not! Maby he should try the FREE demo before whining aboot it!

/Björn Elfström

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bamse:

You can impossible know that know, so why make a comment aboot it?

It's Speedy's choice of whether or not he want to but something, no one else can make him buy it.

Of course, I won't be able to whip his butt like I normally do if he doesn't get the second release, but hey these things happen. :D </font>

Originally posted by RSColonel_131st:

I didn't read all 5 pages of this thread, just to voice my opinion as a single customer:

I'll most likely NOT buy it.

Personally I have no problem with the time-frame. Let it be modern warfare, that's fine with me. But having only the US Side in a campaign, and Syria as the only other option in a quick battle, that is just not the kind of units/nations I'm interested in.

<slightly off topic rant>

My problem with the game market today in general is that everyone and their mom sell stuff for the american market. European units, european weapons and vehicles hardly ever get done. I realize the US is simple the biggest market, but I'd love to see a detailed Eurofighter-Sim one day (not just the next F-22/F-16 one) Or a detailed tank sim (thankfully at least Steel Beasts does the Leopard2A4 used by my own country).

A game that gives me european hardware to control allows me to identify with the forces involved. US only does not do this. At least with WW2, one of these german soldiers portraied in game could have been grandpa or my grand-uncle. There's a certain historical connection to it. With the US Stuff dominating the market, there is not.

</rant off>

Steve did say that it would be a NATO-backed UN force invading. I'd be willing to bet that at least the Brits and (cross my fingers) France and Germany would make it in there.

I think a EuroCorps module with French, German, British, Polish and Dutch forces would be awesome.