Too Dark!

There is the 'Alt-G' method of adjusting gamma in game for the PC version. However for some people it doesn't adjust the gamma enough.

Typically most gamma adjustments available in video driver control panels won't do anything for the CM series. You can crank the gamma way up (higher numbers - brighter screen), but once inside CM it seems to make no difference.

You can experiment with Power Strip and see if its gamma adjustments help CM. I believe you can use keyboard shortcuts to apply gamma with it; so this should allow for changing gamma within CM. Also switching to the desktop and back (Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Esc) can effect the gamma (higher or lower, I'm not sure - usually higher to my knowledge). I don't know if this is because of some difference between CM's gamma setting and the video driver's setting.