Changing my nick??

Originally posted by CanadaGuy:

Saskatoon is a great city, especially if you are raising kids. I like Edmonton too though. The strange thing is, I have lived in New York, Hong Kong and Japan (Marugame City) and always seem to come back to Saskatoon. With 220,000 people it still in some ways has that smallish charm but you can still go to your local EB Games outlet and pick up what you need. I guess with internet shopping and flights to Europe for $450 return, the world is so small that you can live anywhere and still experience everything. I mean, come on, 20 years ago, I would never have ever heard of any of you chaps and finding an opponent to play games with was a very difficult experience. Now it would take me less than 15 minutes to find someone to play CMx1 with. What the heck will my kids experience when they play someone in CMx4 in 20 years??

Quite. A long way from having to invite "that creepy kid" to your house just because he had copy of Squad Leader and no one else in school had ever heard of it. :D

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Sergei:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joachim:

No. Michael is an hebrew name and it's spelling is probably the same for all languages that use the latin alphabet and derive from countries that were largely catholic when the written language developed.

Hmm... I think both Swedish and Finnish have the name Mikael (or just Mika (Häkkinen)) for that, not Michael (Schumacher). </font>

Originally posted by Joachim:

Why change the nick? It's so amusing to see that people can't even spell the names of their idols.

Originally posted by michael_wittman44:

Hmm so you're saying I spelt his name wrong??? If we were doing German spelling it'll be Mikael Wittman instead.

No. Michael is an hebrew name and it's spelling is probably the same for all languages that use the latin alphabet and derive from countries that were largely catholic when the written language developed.

Wittmann has 2 "n". "Man" (engl.) = "Mann" (germ.)

Bloody hell it took 4 pages to tell the poor bloke how he has spelt the name wrong!

If not for all the other reasons MW44 then at least for this one you ought to change your posting name and BTW I don't think I would worry about losing your number of posts, it doesn't mean much and I think that you should be embarised enough to quietly create a new CM forum persona.

SO I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR BLOODY NICK NAME.

(Now don't change it to Nick Cave 'cos that would be just plain wrong!)

Who cares abotu number of posts anyway. IIRC along the horsemen discussion we found that the official top ten of posters is wrong anyway. And MW44 needs to post for several years before he will even be mentioned in the top 100.

BTW: After dropping my nick my number of posts was not reset. But that was quite some time ago.

Gruß

Joachim

Originally posted by Zalgiris 1410:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joachim:

Why change the nick? It's so amusing to see that people can't even spell the names of their idols.

Originally posted by michael_wittman44:

Hmm so you're saying I spelt his name wrong??? If we were doing German spelling it'll be Mikael Wittman instead.

Wittmann has 2 "n". "Man" (engl.) = "Mann" (germ.)

Bloody hell it took 4 pages to tell the poor bloke how he has spelt the name wrong!

If not for all the other reasons MW44 then at least for this one you ought to change your posting name and BTW I don't think I would worry about losing your number of posts, it doesn't mean much and I think that you should be embarised enough to quietly create a new CM forum persona.

SO I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR BLOODY NICK NAME.

(Now don't change it to Nick Cave 'cos that would be just plain wrong!) </font>