Changing my nick??

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

Dorosh, go and play out in a new uniform and stop wittering.

Eh? The things that pass for erudition these days. Besides, I could never compete with Steve:

Sometimes it sucks to collect stuff like this. Well, at least I only paid $14 for my first East German uniform when just 2 years earlier they were going for $350 and $35 for a Swiss uniform that went for $550 a few months before

Steve

One of my cats is named Horus.

When he was a kitten he was very fast and agile, he reminded me of a falcon in flight.

In hind sight, as he gets older, fatter, lazier and overall less falcon-like the name is getting to be more and more ironic...

Poor fat old Horus...

Stop feeding him. Completely. He'll have to hunt mice in order to stay alive, and in order to hunt mice, he'll have to slim down (the easy part if you aren't feeding him) and become faster and more agile. I never feed Boris, nor did I ever feed any of his predecessors. They live on what they can catch.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

Eh? The things that pass for erudition these days. Besides, I could never compete with Steve:

Sometimes it sucks to collect stuff like this. Well, at least I only paid $14 for my first East German uniform when just 2 years earlier they were going for $350 and $35 for a Swiss uniform that went for $550 a few months before

Steve

</font>

Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

Steve

</font>

Hehee KIA..

What does erudition mean?
A 'wind-up" or red herring if I ever saw one....

On the topic of Pussies :D I have a cat called Lucy - aptly named as she is attracted/addicted to running water and is wont to perch atop of the white man's well..

A few years ago we had a semi Siamese of amost irritating disposition - always in the wrong place at the wrong time, closed doors and walls were no barrier to him so he was called Pixel....

...a name he resisted acknowledging (He came to us from out of the blue). In fact I am sure he was of Russian extraction as he most readily answered to "Pissov" especially if rendered in a raised voice.

Maybe changing your moniker to "Pissov Thelotofu" would set the tone for your posts nicely for some of your recipients.

David

PS Steve if you are lurking out there in the electronic ether - I think its high time for an Announcement if only to curb some of these threads - I don't Believe I've spent time going through this lot...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by hurtzDonut:

Next attempt:

Hitler appointed Karl Donitz to be chancellor.

No, Doenitz was Führer, Goebbels was Chancellor.

For less than a week in the latter case. </font>

Should we be villified for glorifying those that served their country honourably under these "regimes"? Is Michael Wittman any less offensive than Stonewall Jackson, considering what they were fighting for? [/QB]

I don't think it is fair to compare Nazi Germany with the Confederate States of America.

Not saying that is what you are doing, just stating what I think is the obvious.

Originally posted by V:

Next attempt:

Originally posted by Tagwyn:

Michael: I agree with you completely!! Your comments mirror my own study and the views of my father, a vet from the war with the Germans. The Southern states were in rebellion aginst their country, the USA. They fought hard but deserved in spades what they got. They accepted the federal govenment when they voted for the Constitution. There was/is no moral right to what they were doing to their fellow men. Tag

Hmm, so once a state joins the Union it is bound to it for eternity, no matter what the Federal government were to do?

Originally posted by V:

Should we be villified for glorifying those that served their country honourably under these "regimes"? Is Michael Wittman any less offensive than Stonewall Jackson, considering what they were fighting for?

I don't think it is fair to compare Nazi Germany with the Confederate States of America.

Not saying that is what you are doing, just stating what I think is the obvious. [/QB]</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by V:

Next attempt:

"I just wish BF.C would announce the first games and release screens so we wouldn't have to discuss this stuff..."

me too...

but it does the pass the time...

I'll come back in a month...

After 30 days of naming crickets after

prominent Nazis...

Yes, I agree but what is one to do besides talking about normal life. I am sure there will be little of that as it is once CMx2 is released.

I had a cat named Nero that used to meow by the bed until we let him out to relieve himself. Then climb on to our screen door (when it was -20C) and wack his bum against the door until we let him back in. Now that is consideration.

Originally posted by michael_wittman44:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joachim:

Why change the nick? It's so amusing to see that people can't even spell the names of their idols.

Gruß

Joachim

Hmm so you're saying I spelt his name wrong??? If we were doing German spelling it'll be Mikael Wittman instead. </font>

Originally posted by Joachim:

No. Michael is an hebrew name and it's spelling is probably the same for all languages that use the latin alphabet and derive from countries that were largely catholic when the written language developed.

Hmm... I think both Swedish and Finnish have the name Mikael (or just Mika (Häkkinen)) for that, not Michael (Schumacher).

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

One of my cats is named Horus.

When he was a kitten he was very fast and agile, he reminded me of a falcon in flight.

In hind sight, as he gets older, fatter, lazier and overall less falcon-like the name is getting to be more and more ironic...

Poor fat old Horus...

Sounds like another much loved cat called Garfield!

Saskatoon is a great city, especially if you are raising kids. I like Edmonton too though. The strange thing is, I have lived in New York, Hong Kong and Japan (Marugame City) and always seem to come back to Saskatoon. With 220,000 people it still in some ways has that smallish charm but you can still go to your local EB Games outlet and pick up what you need. I guess with internet shopping and flights to Europe for $450 return, the world is so small that you can live anywhere and still experience everything. I mean, come on, 20 years ago, I would never have ever heard of any of you chaps and finding an opponent to play games with was a very difficult experience. Now it would take me less than 15 minutes to find someone to play CMx1 with. What the heck will my kids experience when they play someone in CMx4 in 20 years??