Changing my nick??

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say that I'm terribly fond of your current name: there are lots of better choices. And if you're going to change it, now is certainly a better time to do it than later. If nothing else it will help you avoid being referred to as "the poster formerly know as...", which would be a bit confusing since that title is usually reserved for Prince.

It's a pity that Seanachai isn't awake at this hour - I'm sure he would have some marvelous suggestions. In his absence I would propose Koala Bear (no underscore) assuming it hasn't been used already. People like them, they'll know you're from Oz, and it is always better to provoke a tolerant rather than a negative reaction when someone sees your screen name.

Well... Whittman was highly skilled, hard working and dedicated. Unfortunately he was dedicated to a military {EDIT: The Waffen-SS} controlled by a political party of lunatics (Uncle Adolf, and good ole Joeseph Goebbels for example{Goebbels is presented as a good example of the nut-bars in the party}) who were decidedly not very nice people whatsover thank you very much!

So... If I knew someone who was really good at their job as a chemical scientist, but worked for a company that maimed kittens for the sake of developing a new eyeliner, would I idolize that person..

What a dilemma...

hmmm...

I guess in a Good Person doing Evil Actions sort of way, choosing Whittman for your nick is better than Thomas Ferebee... but I just don't know... (I suspect Whitmann created a few thousand less orphans and widows.) But I guess they were both just following orders.

This is weird, I keep getting flashbacks to "Father Ted" Season 3 Episode 1

TED: You don't have anything from the allied side?

FATHER FITZPATRICK: No, no. That sort of thing wouldn't interest me at all I'm afraid.

----

FATHER FITZPATRICK: And this is the last photograph taken of Heir Hitler. He's signing a few death warrants there.

TED: Funny, how he got more right wing as he got older!

So how about something clever like "Tasmanian_Tiger"? A little double entendre - Tiger Tank / Reportedly Extinct Australian Predator?

[ September 21, 2005, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: J Ruddy ]

Joseph Goebbels controlled the German military???
No, Joeseph Geobbels was a top member of the Nazi Party which controlled the German Military.

Reading comprehension is your friend:

military controlled by a political party of lunatics (Uncle Adolf, and good ole Joeseph Goebbels for example)

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Joseph Goebbels controlled the German military???

No, Joeseph Geobbels was a top member of the Nazi Party which controlled the German Military.

Reading comprehension is your friend:

military controlled by a political party of lunatics (Uncle Adolf, and good ole Joeseph Goebbels for example)
</font>

OK - lets start over my friend.

The ruling party in Germany in 1939 was:__________

The name of the person who made the decisions over what the German military would do on a 'macro' level (Give the invasion order for Poland for example) to the Top Military Commanders was:__________

This person was the leader of what political party? _________

The Highest Ranking Officials in the Nazi party were often given important government posts, in Canada we use the same term. This term is:_______

In his inner circle of advisors and 'closest friends' Adolph hitler included this closest friend and minister of propaganda. His name is: ____________

Before his death, Hitler appointed __________ as chancellor of Germany in his will.

You can't try and hide or ignore the fact that the Wehrmacht was controlled by the ruling government of the day, which was the Nazi party.

It's like saying the Canadian Armed forces is not controlled by Parliament.

So I stand by my comments. The German military was controlled by the German government, which just happened to be the Nazi Party. Goebbels was a key member of the Nazi Party, critical to the party gaining power and in the end was the one Hitler chose to take contol of the nation.

Kindly stop splitting hairs now please and thank you...

Keitel's party membership is irrelivant. I have a close associate of mine who was the equivelant of a Navy Seal in the Soviet Navy, and also was a card carrying Communist. He was a member by convenience though and never believed in the ideals of the party.

Perhaps unfairly, Keitel was found guilty of (amongst other things) war crimes and crimes against humanity, his "Just following orders" defence went no where and he was hanged as a criminal.

Anyways, maybe we should take this off line? My email address is public.

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

[QB] OK - lets start over my friend.

The ruling party in Germany in 1939 was:__________

The only party in Germany at that time was the NSDAP.

The name of the person who made the decisions over what the German military would do on a 'macro' level (Give the invasion order for Poland for example) to the Top Military Commanders was:__________
Certainly not Joseph Goebbels, Martin Bormman or Rudolf Hess.

This person was the leader of what political party? _________
The NSDAP did not give the order to invade Poland, if that is what you are trying to intimate, just as the Liberal Party of Canada did not give the order to declare war on Germany in 1939.

The Highest Ranking Officials in the Nazi party were often given important government posts, in Canada we use the same term. This term is:_______

You've actually stumped me here. Patronage? Cabinet ministers? Goebbels was the minister for Propaganda. Has nothing to do with the military.

In his inner circle of advisors and 'closest friends' Adolph hitler included this closest friend and minister of propaganda. His name is: ____________

Goebbels advised on military matters? Can you name one?

Moreover, can you name an instance in which Goebbels gave orders to the military? There may have been instances regarding to political indoctrination, but I tend to doubt it.

Before his death, Hitler appointed __________ as chancellor of Germany in his will.
The Third Reich had 7 days to live at that point, give or take. Goebbels himself had fewer.

You can't try and hide or ignore the fact that the Wehrmacht was controlled by the ruling government of the day, which was the Nazi party.
A political party is not a government; are you really unaware of the distinction? And don't think that the Germans didn't make that distinction, they certainly did.

It's like saying the Canadian Armed forces is not controlled by Parliament.
The Canadian Forces are commanded by the Chief of the Defence Staff (CDS) and the Minister of National Defence. The Liberal Party has nothing to do with them

So I stand by my comments. The German military was controlled by the German government, which just happened to be the Nazi Party.
Nope.

Goebbels was a key member of the Nazi Party, critical to the party gaining power and in the end was the one Hitler chose to take contol of the nation.
What was Goebbels role in the party? He was the Propaganda Minister for the state but am unaware of his ranking in the party proper; Hess, then Bormann, were the top dogs there.

Originally posted by simovitch:

what the feck does any of this have to do with CMX2? Isn't there a general forum for this sort of drivel?

Good point. I don't think that CMX2 should include the command structure up to the point that a discussion over whether the political party in power has the ultimate command over an armed forces is required.