I say chaps, how does one remove that awful "rock" music

Its been awhile since i roamed the sound files but I think the opening music's pretty easy to locate - like being in a separate folder named 'opening music' maybe? ;)

I suppose all you have to do is replace the opening music file with something else under the same name. Drop the file into a folder named 'Z' in the Data folder. It might not be a good idea to swap it out for one of the tiny half-second bullet strike sounds. The new sound might cycle Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping! - Ping!

:rolleyes::D

Originally posted by Other Means:

I think you just create a sound/music directory with the empty wav's with those filenames in and they will be preferred to the existing ones.

So now all I need is the name of it.

Well, the quickest and easiest way to be sure you have all the directory names/filenames correct is to unpack the brz file using the instructions in the readme.txt.

Here is what your directory will look like before you run RezPack:

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Mod Tools\RezPack\input>

dir/s

Volume in drive C is Local Disk

Volume Serial Number is F0BC-FB63

Directory of C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Mod Tools\

RezPack\input

01/02/2008 12:00 AM <DIR> .

01/02/2008 12:00 AM <DIR> ..

01/02/2008 12:00 AM <DIR> Sound

0 File(s) 0 bytes

RezPack\input\Sound

01/02/2008 12:00 AM <DIR> .

01/02/2008 12:00 AM <DIR> ..

01/02/2008 12:01 AM <DIR> Music

0 File(s) 0 bytes

RezPack\input\Sound\Music

01/02/2008 12:01 AM <DIR> .

01/02/2008 12:01 AM <DIR> ..

01/02/2008 12:03 AM 12,157,336 music end of battle.wav

01/02/2008 12:03 AM 11,725,940 music intro.wav

01/02/2008 12:03 AM 13,154,592 music splash.wav

3 File(s) 37,037,868 bytes

Total Files Listed:

3 File(s) 37,037,868 bytes

8 Dir(s) 5,547,237,376 bytes free

C:\Program Files\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force\Mod Tools\RezPack\input>

</pre>

hmmm... i might just include silent music in my soundmod since there seems to be a demand for it...

if i release the mod that is hehe... otherwise i could just put out 3 silent .wav files for anyone who doesnt know how to make them...

off to find some nice music to replace the default one with...

paint it black maby? might be too much of a 'nam feeling to it, but it does represent war for me...

Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

hmmm... i might just include silent music in my soundmod since there seems to be a demand for it...

if i release the mod that is hehe... otherwise i could just put out 3 silent .wav files for anyone who doesnt know how to make them...

off to find some nice music to replace the default one with...

paint it black maby? might be too much of a 'nam feeling to it, but it does represent war for me...

Paint it black, Ride of the Valkyries, She sells Sanctuary, Break on through - all would be kick-your-mom-in-the-face cool.