Found this little beauty yesterday..

nice find - a late model Shpagin PPSh 41.

I wonder where the owners of such "exotic" weapons get their ammo from. one could wonder wether 7.62x25 ammo isnt probably even harder to get than the weapon istelf. loading up the drum magazine is rather complicated.

and be careful, the PPSh had a nasty habit of firing when falling down or when striking s.th. with the butt plate.

what happened to the gun? did you take it away from the owner? who gets to keep it?

Originally posted by acrashb:

What happens to weapons such as this one when you find them? To the owners? I understood that Iraqi's were allowed some firearms, but don't know the details.

...if you had a weapon and never stood up to defend your country when it was attacked, with arms in hands, then you simply a coward and whatever happens to you is irrelevant - you deserve it all.

Now these Iraqis did stood up with their guns against enemy and only surrender when their guns jammed - like real soldiers and patriots should... Now as far as i know firearm in most iraqis house will get you detained for many reasons - simply again because you were too coward to place arms in your hand and fight the enemy on YOUR land IN YOUR house - whoever that enemy can be - another sect , violent neighbors, "terrorists", occupying forces, "liberating forces", aliens, space lobsters... whoever you think your enemy is... but then again you cant be Iraq patriot Hero if you have a pretty wife with 3 underage daughters...

[ June 22, 2007, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: unsobill ]

if you had a weapon and never stood up to defend your country when it was attacked, with arms in hands, then you simply a coward and whatever happens to you is irrelevant - you deserve it all.
WTF?... i am amazed you can turn on your comp, if you think like that!

Originally posted by unsobill:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by acrashb:

What happens to weapons such as this one when you find them? To the owners? I understood that Iraqi's were allowed some firearms, but don't know the details.

Now as far as i know firearm in most iraqis house will get you detained for many reasons </font>

Originally posted by Matthias:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />if you had a weapon and never stood up to defend your country when it was attacked, with arms in hands, then you simply a coward and whatever happens to you is irrelevant - you deserve it all.

WTF?... i am amazed you can turn on your comp, if you think like that! </font>

unsobill, you are wrong. 1 AK type rifle per household per adult aged male. That is the rule. Now, to have a weapon in your car or out in public, you have to be licensed by the ministry of interior. If you are out in public with it with out a license then the weapon is confiscated and sometimes you are detained.

You should not comment about things which you have no knowledge of.

[ June 22, 2007, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Angryson ]

Originally posted by Angryson:

unsobill, you are wrong. 1 AK type rifle per household per adult aged male. That is the rule. Now, to have a weapon in your car or out in public, you have to be licensed by the ministry of interior. If you are out in public with it with out a license then the weapon is confiscated and sometimes you are detained.

You should not comment about things which you have no knowledge of, whatsoever.

do you have of these rules posted somewhere on the internet ? im sure its a GREAT read - WHAT KIND a "rule" is that ? who "ruled" it? is that Iraq's constitutional right to keep arms? if that is i dont think its valid as their constitution being "remodeled" ;) - maybe i shouldnt speak of the "things i have no knowledge of" but i'm learning and willing to look like an idiot if i learn something, so far on the topic i've only seen HUNDREDS of videos- footage of journalists - family houses raided at night kalashnikov found and males detained - i do have little knowledge on the "one kalashnikov" rule matter but from history i remember there was NEVER ANY RULES in warfare - anyone could get killed or robbed or detained by superior enemy... and why one kalash not 2 what if theres 2 brothers live there - seems like if this one kalashnikov rule nowhere on the paper its not even LEGAL and justified - my objective point of narrow view . :confused:

P.s

kinda make no sense to me why just single rifle ? most of americans own a whole arsenal of rifles... :rolleyes:

also look at LT. Mike - he mentioned found it in some dude hous :D this thing will cost more then 900 for most of us and its just a found for him :D not that im jealous or anyhting...

[ June 22, 2007, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: unsobill ]