CMBB Scenario Crash

I was playing the first small scenario titled "A Deadlt Affair ". I saved the game using the "save" button after turn 2. When I attempted to load it to continue play it loaded without difficulty and I was able to enter my move BUT, when I pressed the GO button, it started the Computer Thinking screen and crashed with the following message:

Unhandled exception:

C0000005

at address

0040b049

This occured repeatedly with both the saved file and the autosaved game file. I then restarted from scratch and saved after the first turn and it occurred again with the exact same error. This did not happen when I tried a different scenario. Any idea what is occuring?? I have a Dell 2 ghz Intel processor with a 64 meg Nvidia card.

Thanks,

Tom Konczal

TomK1@aol.com

Not sure why you're seeing this problem with one particular scenario. The error address range suggests a DirectX problem. Did your install finish without problems ? If it didn't, perhaps you're missing some textures or something (though I don't know at what point CMBB will crash when the textures/sounds aren't present) ?

Madmatt has said that you need the following numbers of files:

If the game is fully installed you will have the following folders and file amounts:

5847 files in the "BMP" folder

2324 files in the "WAV" folder

70 files in the "Scenarios" folder

2 files in the "OpenPlay Modules" folder

[ September 24, 2002, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

Originally posted by Tom Konczal:

I was playing the first small scenario titled "A Deadlt Affair ". I saved the game using the "save" button after turn 2. When I attempted to load it to continue play it loaded without difficulty and I was able to enter my move BUT, when I pressed the GO button, it started the Computer Thinking screen and crashed with the following message:

Unhandled exception:

C0000005

at address

0040b049

This occured repeatedly with both the saved file and the autosaved game file. I then restarted from scratch and saved after the first turn and it occurred again with the exact same error. This did not happen when I tried a different scenario. Any idea what is occuring?? I have a Dell 2 ghz Intel processor with a 64 meg Nvidia card.

Thanks,

Tom Konczal

TomK1@aol.com

Interesting Tom. I've been having periodic problems as well since the demo. On the demo I had no problems with Ylena Stare or Tutorial scenarios but when playing Citadel scenario I got crash in movie and after restarded saved game it would always lock up if I selected one of two tank crews which had bailed, but otherwise ran OK. I got the following error message with this: "unhandled exception c0000005 at address 73787cfe."

Today I finally got to play the full CMBB and, like you, was running A Deadly Affair (because of approaching hurricane Isidore and infant son I unfortunately haven't had much chance to play since it arrived on Monday). I got about 3 turns in and the game locked up when I hit GO. Everytime I reloaded my save gameit was the same. I finally just restarted the scenario from the beginning and I've gotten further into the game OK. I'm not sure what is going on.

Interestingly, like you I have a Dell 2ghz computer. I recently added a Geoforce4 TI 4200 video card to replace the standard 64mb which came with the computer. I am running windows XP.

I would be curious to hear if anyone else out there is experiencing this or has a sugegstion as to the cause

Regards,

Kevin

Originally posted by Andrew Hedges:

I also had the same problem with A Battle of Minors - an unhandled exception error. It looks like this is under control, but I have the save game file if anyone needs it.

Hey, I'm getting a similar event in "Battle of Minors".

Install went perfect. All files in place.

Turn 12 of 25+, "unhandled exception C0000005 at address 004829be". The AI processing blue bar stops at about 80% and the game locks up. Have to ctrl-alt-del to get out. Can't get past this. I have the save file if you are interested Matt.

Running Windows XP Home Edition

Intel P4 2.2Ghz Northwood

512 meg PC2100 DDR ram

Asus AGP-V770 Ge Force 2 Ultra 32mb vid

Any ideas?

AJ

[ October 01, 2002, 07:27 AM: Message edited by: AussieJeff ]