Stuffit campatibility problems with CMBB installer (Mac)

pavlov

It seems the the CMBB installer on the Mac CD may not work properly with v. 7 of the Stuffit engine.

I bought CMBB a couple weeks ago. It installed the first time with no problem. I had Stuttit v. 6 installed at the time. Since then, I installed Stuffit v. 7. Then, yesterday I tried to reload CMBB (due to excessive and impulsive modding) but the installer kept stalling and would not finish. Finally, I reverted to an older system folder using the version 6 Stuffit engine and CMBB installed fine on the first try.

GDI

I guess I spoke too soon. The CMBB game crashes immediately after starting (Type 2 Error). It seems that not all the files installed correctly.

And now, the installer keeps stalling again regardless of what system folder i'm using.

Anyone have any idea what might be wrong? :confused:

Oh, and there's one other possibility, and that is that one of your system files may have become corrupted, which would necessitate replacing your system folder. Do you have a disk utilitiy such as TechTool? It will check out all your system files as well as all your hardware. I hope it isn't that, but at least that's not as big a pain as it once was. I had to do it twice earlier this year.

Michael

From VersionTracker's user comments, it seems Stuffit Expander 7 has a lot of problems. Often failing to expand archives that'd work without a hitch on earlier expanders.

The current wisdom would be to not upgrade to 7.

I hope they'll iron out the bugs soon, it used to be such a great software. I'd really want a working OSX native compresser.