Mouse "Pause" problem

Hi:

First off, I really LOVE this game. My only issue is the serious mouse pausing when in the game. I have tried both PS2 and USB MS Intellipoint mouse's and they both work poorly in the game.

It's not that it is unplayable but there is a definate "lag" sometime when you attempt to move the mouse. All my system files and drivers are upto date. I'm running a P3/800 with GeForce 2 board and 256 Megs. It's a pretty vanilla system...all other games I.E. F4, Links99, TacOps, SteelBeasts Demo,BCT, TOAW2...they all work great!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'm running version 1.03.

Thanks,

Steve

What resolution are you running at ? Do you have this mouse "pausing" in all scenarios or just certain ones ? Are you using the new Detonator 3 drivers ? If you are then you may want to considering going back to the Detonator 2 (5.33). I've heard of mouse corruption problems with the Detonator 3's, but not of slow mouse response.

Have you updated to the latest Intellipoint drivers ?

Intellipoint 3.2 drivers:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?Search=Product&LangIDCODE=20%3Ben-us&Value=647&OpSysID=9800&Show=Alpha

I seem to recall that someone mentioned a 3.3 version being available, but I'm not sure where the driver is at.

You may also want to delete your "prefs" file and have CM select the resolution again. Make sure that you don't select a "software" based mode, since that can slow down your map scrolling, etc. significantly.

Schrullenhaft:

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I am running CM at 1280x960. I like this resolution...yet this may be the root of my problem. Even with a P3/800 and GForce 2..this resolution may be too much. Thanks for the updated mouse driver info. Didn't seem to work though!! But thanks. I am using the Detonator 5.33 drivers. Too many complaints concerning the 6.18 for me!!

Thanks,

Steve