Did someone say modern battles with assymetrical warfare and unconventional forces?

How about this for a rumor/speculation.....

One side (lets say the Syrian player) may now be able to play at a different and more "forgiving" FOW level then the other player. he he he

(JUST A GUESS MIND YOU!)

So how does this work?

Well the Syrian player commands a small number of uncon forces like technicals and guys running around with RPG's and machine guns, and plenty of IED's (both vehicle borne and not) thrown in for good measure, BUT this player plays with his personal FOW level set to beginner or "easy" and can see all and know all about the opposing force. (Call it "Home Field Advantage") smile.gif

So where does that leave the US player, well this player has ALL the technical advantages and a numerically superior force (say 4:1 - 5:1), but is playing under the hardest form of FOW conditions. (OK lets give them a fighting chance, they don't have to use the intel crippling Iron Man FOW rules, which have been variously interpreted to mean the camera can only jump or toggle, at level 1 or level 2, from the fixed perspective of your OWN units as though you could only see through their eyes or their binocs, (and again, perhaps ONLY those in radio contact.) OK so its NOT the new Iron Man FOW setting, but the next hardest FOW down with relative spotting and all that other good stuff thrown in for good measure.

OK Hands up who wants to play the US side? (Ah heck we'll toss in a platoon of M1A1's (with the TUSK thing if you like) and a whole brigade of Styker's, but you still have to assault a medium to large size Syrian town at night time!

Any takers?

:D

(Rune? .... I trust you are on the case to set this one up? ;) )

-tom w

[ February 15, 2007, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

Originally posted by Dirtweasle:

Not sure if my PC could handle a whole Stryker Brigade reinforced with M1A1s on a map to fit it all, but a smaller - more manageable - slice? Sure, give me a week or so after I have the game to get familiar and I'll be happy to play you.

OK ....

Well if a brigade is 3 companies maybe that was a little over the top (maybe a Company of Strykers would have been a better suggestion, 4:1 odds sounds about right though :D ), but it was just a fun example of what I am hoping the the game will demonstrate with respect to Syrian Home Field Advantage and assymetrical FOW settings. (BUT I could be ALL wrong, and for the record I am not a beta tester and I really don't know anything about the game other then what I read here on these forums and I have yet to have the priveledge of being offered a Non Disclosure Agreement or anything like that. smile.gif )

So its JUST idle speculation at this point.

-tom w