Mail Call w/ Gunny Huntarr

213n90j.jpg

ALL RIGHT MAGGOTS NOW LISTEN UP!

There’s some scuttlebutt floatin ‘round here like the smell out of a Navy chow hall’s head (that’s LA-trine for you Army pukes). There’s talk of Hard Chargin Marines going feet wet. Something about the Army having issues with Iraq’s neighbor. You know who they call when they need someone to knock on the front door while they pull one those fancy “Maneuver Warfare” jobs. So start getting your trash squared away cause we are not about to miss out on this one. OoHRah

Get back up to speed on some of the trash the good taxpayers have been so kind enough to let you borrow. http://www.flickr.com/photos/huntarr/collections/ Now remember just because you saw some whizbang gizmo on some silly ass Squidie TV show (yeah Mack that’s you) doesn’t mean your gonna get to break it. You know how tight the Navy is with our money.

Carry on… 16jlult.gif

30aum48.jpg

SITREP to follow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntarr,

Love the ones with the sand fleas (still remember the Jack Webb diatribe in the movie where he was a Parris Island D.I. teaching field discipline and some recruit swatted a sand flea) and the ATM. Dad was in the Navy during the Korean War, and his dings were on the shins from high hatch coamings. Talking bone dents! I know the military uses some peculiar spellings, as in "aline" for "align," but shouldn;t the last one read "rapelling," rather than as shown? Oh, and my brother, who was in the Army and has now, happily, retired limbs intact (80% service related disability rating, though:ears, back, knees, respiratory, etc.)despite multiple brushes with death, hated recruiting. Mom was the Marine in our family. SSGT (Communications) FMFPAC, Pearl Harbor. Dad was ET1 and met Mom while also assigned there at Pearl doing radar maintenance (gapped WW II radar transmitters with a matchbook cover once) after a tour on the U.S.S. Passig, a fleet distiller.

Regards,

John Kettler

Originally posted by John Kettler:

Huntarr,

Dad was ET1 and met Mom while also assigned there at Pearl doing radar maintenance (gapped WW II radar transmitters with a matchbook cover once) after a tour on the U.S.S. Passig, a fleet distiller.

I'm sure it has to do with potable water or something, but seeing the phrase "fleet distiller" just warms my beery heart.

• 2 months later...

The following is a dramatization. For the satirically impaired this a joke....

Huntarr, whats up with that "irish pennant" thing?

Who said that? Who the f*&$ said that? Who's the slimy little communist s$^&, twinkle-toe down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody, huh? The fairy frickin godmother said it. Out-fricking-standing! I will PT you all until you frickin die! I'll PT you until your aholes are sucking buttermilk! 2hozg2a.jpg

US marines have a hate for Irish or whats with it? (im swedish so not to much into rituals and stuff of the US forces)

Well, no s***. What have we got here, a f***ing comedian? Private Chainsaw. I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you, you can come over to my house and f*** my sister!

LOL, I'm glad you asked Chainsaw. No, My Beloved Corps has given many-a Devil Dog this unfortunate neurosis…

Irish Pennant

A string hanging randomly from a Marine’s uniform. Longer ones are sometimes called rappelling ropes or cables. A squared away Marine will be free of Irish pennants, particularly at an inspection.

They can be removed by using a lighter and burning the offending thread from the uniform but that has the unfortunate effort of burning the image into the mind of the offending Marine.:(

The Corps does not discriminate against any culture, they want to travel to exotic foreign countries, meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture... and kill them.:eek:

Thanks Chainsaw for playing along. That was a good question.

The following is a dramatization. For the satirically impaired this a joke....

I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you, you can come over to my house and f*** my sister!

Sir thank you sir! she must be pretty sir!

<o

lol =)

aha, all those weird nick names for ewerything, so in other words cords from the webbing and uniforms that sticks out and should be removed i take it.

well, I need to "become a marine" as we soon will have the Marine module to fight with! :D

/Chainsaw