Steve: if triggers are implemented ...

I read elsewhere that AI triggers MAY come some time in the future. Very good news.

If so, could it be possible to include in the triggers' conditions something like: "if enemy is detected in this region"? Compare that to something like: "if enemy is present in this region". If the later condition (enemy present here) is the only one available in the editor, it could totally lift the fog of war for the AI plans.

I don't know if I'm explaining myself.

Also, I don't know how difficult to code this trigger thing is going to be. :( It is easy to ask for stuff, isn't it? ;) A great deal of inspiration could be found in the trigger system of Steel Beasts ProPE (even in Steel Beasts Legacy IIRC).

Keep up the good work,

Thanks,

EDIT: ESOL!

i would like to see the whole plaette of trigger options!

also the trigger areas sould come in eclipse and retangle(not just one of them) with sizeable dimensions for both axles and should be able to be tide to specific troops or not.

something along the lines of the possibilities of the flashpoint/Arma or SBproPE editor would be perfect!

both are also pretty simple to use wich is the best thing.

I agree there need to be multiple triggers. One for location so units don't magically appear. The other is if units are detected that command will change. And ideally it gives the ability for the AI to determine how many units it sees and based upon that and possibly a variable it will adjust accordingly. In other words if you see 1 unit ignore, if you multiple units have a weighted factor and determine if plan gets changed.