Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Windows XP

I don't think that there has been any official compatibility testing with CMBO and WinXP. I believe Rune and some others on this board have been able to run CMBO with the latest Betas of XP.

XP has caused a number of incompatibilities with programs that run under other versions of Windows (including 2000). However it hasn't gone Gold yet to my knowledge, so there are still a number of things that can change such as the implementation of DirectX, etc. Another possible problem will be the video and sound drivers. Many users on this forum suffer from small, but annoying problems with Win2K, but not all of them do. So how good the driver support is for your particular hardware can make a huge difference and what may appear as "compatible".

If you're interested in more here's a link to some Microsoft forums (under the Special Interests are two XP related forums):

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/default.asp

It is still in beta, and there are more version out there then I can count. smile.gif CMBO works, but with the nvidia driver I had the same problem as others, the text gets messed up. So, until MS gets closer to an official release, I won't say anything more.

Rune