BF.C, I offer my services...

c3k

...for free; gratis; no strings attached. Yes, having received both my pre-ordered ultimate editions of CM:SF (or whatever they're called - as a show of faith in BF.C), I've just finished reading the manual.

I WILL PROOFREAD - FREE OF CHARGE - THE NEXT ITEM YOU PUBLISH FOR SALE.

Please, for the love of God, let me do this. If not me, choose anyone else who has passed 3rd grade reading and writing. The misspellings and grammatical errors are ridiculous and rampant. How did this get sent out the door? I could use an internet translator and get similar results.

I will sign an NDA. I will not seek pay or recompense. I don't even need a my name painted on the side of an in-game tank. Why must this product be so amateurish?

Gah!

Ken

Rollstoy,

Forgive me, but, before I answer your post, allow me to demonstrate a little English knowledge. Perhaps you meant, "To what language are you referring?" or that, "I found the English one pretty well written!". Pedantic of me? Of course!

But seriously, you did not find it replete with errors? I could do a page check and post every single item, but for that, I would demand pay for my time.

smile.gif

Thanks,

Ken

Melnibone,

Aha! That link is perfect. Thank you. It appears that there is hope. Well, for an updated PDF file, not for the hard printed manual for which I paid extra.

Do I get a free bottle of white-out and a sample collection of random letters?

Thanks,

Ken

Originally posted by c3k:

...for free; gratis; no strings attached. Yes, having received both my pre-ordered ultimate editions of CM:SF (or whatever they're called - as a show of faith in BF.C), I've just finished reading the manual.

Please, for the love of God, let me do this. If not me, choose anyone else who has passed 3rd grade reading and writing. The misspellings and grammatical errors are ridiculous and rampant. How did this get sent out the door? I could use an internet translator and get similar results.

I will sign an NDA. I will not seek pay or recompense. I don't even need a my name painted on the side of an in-game tank. Why must this product be so amateurish?

Gah!

Ken

As others pointed out, you might want to fix the errors in your post before you throw too many bricks. This doesn't mean the manual doesn't need help, but your post does not reinforce your qualifications. Being able to edit posts is a wonderful thing. ;)

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Are we really about to compare forum posts to a published book? If so, LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR!! However, I don't think ANYONE - least of all me - would want a roving forum editor to swoop into ongoing threads to add the errant apostrophe or correct a misused synonym.

smile.gif

Thanks,

Ken

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Are we really about to compare forum posts to a published book? If so, LET LOOSE THE DOGS OF WAR!! However, I don't think ANYONE - least of all me - would want a roving forum editor to swoop into ongoing threads to add the errant apostrophe or correct a misused synonym.

smile.gif

Thanks,

Ken

"I smell faculty member varmint... and the only good faculty member varmint, is a dead faculty member varmint... I think."

Cheers!

Leto

One of these days c3k may just find a bulging CM:WWII pdf in his inbox with the attached message. "Offer accepted - go to it!" I'm serious. Most of BFC's unofficial army of indentured servants (and a couple of the permanent staff) started out as some random guy saying "Can I help you out on that?" You won't know til there's an actual CM:WWII manual to read though - which might be a pretty long wait. Maybe they'll let you proofread for the Marine module ;)

In that case can I be the guy who says "goddamn that's an ugly design.".

The manual is hard to read due to the awful, awful design more than the less than perfect grammer.

I'll bet 10 oompalumpa dollars that Charles programs white text on a black background. When I did 18 hour days it was the only way to save my eyes.

That doesn't make it the best choice for the game manual, not by a long shot.

Originally posted by Martin Krejcirik:

I propose something else. Future game (WWII), shoud be released (at the time of the release) as download only. The manual and CD should be produced and sent out a month or two after the release when the game is considered stabilized.

Excellent idea. Download only at first at a single price, with a future option to pay the $10 extra for the box copy open to all download purchasers.

Me too, me too! I can spell. I can read. I can spell and read. Look, look, see the draft document. It is full of mistakes. See the blue pencil. The blue pencil scribbles. Scribble, scribble, scribble. Now see the corrections. They are good. Look, look, see the printer. See the new book. It is good. See the pedants. They are angry. The pedants have nothing about which to complain. Poor pedants.

Tim ( King Pedant III)

Secretly, at BF.C, all the workers are happy. Even Charles, bubbling away in his jar, releases a happy thought. Why? Because all the anger over the state of CM:SF at its release, including the egregious mistakes in the manual, are now being directed at ME.

smile.gif

I'm happy.

Thanks,

Ken

Gah!

Ken

Good idea,, and when you get that job, could you maybe try and walk through the instructions, like the keyboard commands, and see if they actually line up with what's in the game? :cool: