i think my enjoyment of CMSF is starting to drop

scottie

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since things get quoted out of context sop easily here, I'll put in a forewarning. The performance enhancements I see may NOT be what you get.

That being said, running the 8800GTX, set at balaned in the nvidia control panel, with the game set to best/best, 4X fsaa, 4X AF, using fraps and the latest 1.04 build, Allah's fist with the default start blue position, vsync off in the game menu.

I have a quad core system with 4 gb of memory.

FPS at best/best 32fps

better/better 36fps

improved/improved 52fps

balanced/balanced 56fps

Rememeber the build has fixes to multicore and some changed optimizations.

Rune

• 8 months later...

"Company of Heroes is still fun. Should I try the World in Conflict demo?"

Just picked up CoH Opposing Fronts at a nearby Goodwill ($7!!! smile.gif ). Not realistic at all but for $7 I did okay. it's eye-candy, a bit silly, but I have to admit, it IS fun!

Still wish CMx2 WWII would hurry a bit as I am still pining for a good WWII game (like CM was!). Maybe I'll dust off ToW again.

Topic: i think my enjoyment of CMSF is starting to drop
coincidence because...

I'm just getting back into the game and am very glad I did, never had more fun.

I've been playing a small simple QB setup, from both sides, over and over, trying to re-learn the UI and unit capabilities.

In more than 10 games I've never had a "that's bullsh*t" moment.

It's either "oh sh*t, he got me" or " I got your a$$ m-f'er" :D

Glad to hear it! Another funny thing about this thread... at least three of the guys in this thread who were on the fence back then subsequently became testers (and all three are still very active). Had they run at the mouth with insults instead of posting criticism constructively, they'd certainly not be where they are today. And neither would we. Constructive criticism always makes things better, the opposite doesn't. Which is why we reward one type of behavior and condemn the other. We're funny that way :D

Steve