Close Anti-Tank Combat Troops.

Agreed, relative spotting should make it easier to sneak up on a tank. As it is right now, as soon as any friendly infantry spots the AT team, the tank crew magically knows it's there.

As far as TH team size, I think Emren hit the nail on the head. You don't use a 2-man team by itself, but rather in conjunction with other teams, like another AT team, sharpshooters or an ATR,an LMG, etc. to form an TH group. The 2-man AT team is simply the "kill team".

As Mike noted, if you want a 3-4 man AT team, just use a half squad. CM conveniently gives all the AT specials to one half-squad when you split, making a very nice 3-6 man TH team, depending on the size of the squad you started with.

I hadn't thought of using two 2 man TH teams against a single AFV as an SOP, though I have rush single enemy tanks with an entire German Infanrty or Pioneer Pltn.

But still I think that those 2 man TH teams are too small and vulnerable, that is suseptible to being eliminated for my liking, because unlike most other 2 man teams in CMx1 they are mostly likely going to have to expose themselves to danger.

• 9 months later...

I had 10 soviet Infanty units surround a early stug and it took 10 minutes for them to immobilise it. That stug was easy meat for my Infantry, it had no mg for self protection and there was on german infantry to support it. It would have been easy for the infantry to stroll up to it and blow up the track's and damage the gun with grenades.

With all the Infantry I had it would of took only 2 or 3 minutes to do the job not 10 minutes. Theres no trouble for infanty to stick a grenade in the barrel of the gun but they never do this.

But the stug would have certainly have driven off when the attack started. Instead it just satayed there, I know it was defending a flag but any dummy would know it would be in trouble if it stayed there with no protection against the infantry.

On another note, the early sovit anti tank granade is not represented in the game. I know it wasn't effective but it's still more useful than a granade.