Peng Challenges Seanachai in a Thunder Run

rune

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In other news. The Elvis clan is moving to the the boondocks in the next few months and if I needed final push out of the city I got it tonight. While grabbing a beer just after 9pm I heard yelling outside and police car siren. I look out my window and see a police car practically on my front steps and across the street 2 officers with their guns drawn executing a perfect "one man advance while one mans covers" move. It was at this moment it dawned on me that standing at my window gawping out into the street was probably not the best place to be. Unfortuately an officer was shot about a block away but fortunately it was in the leg and early reports on his condition are good. One of the fookin perps got one in the leg too from what I've heard.

Pennsyltucky here we come......

Elvis,

So they got the address wrong again? Quickly move, they seem to be catching up to you. As for the boondocks..sorry, the entire state you live in is a boondock.

You can move in with the Peng clan I guess.

Rune

Originally posted by Elvis:

It was at this moment it dawned on me that standing at my window gawping out into the street was probably not the best place to be.

You're right. The best place for you to be would have been running across the street, dressed in black, wearing a ski mask over your head, while screaming obscenities at the police.

Pennsyltucky here we come......

And statewide, the I.Q. takes another beating...

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rune:

Hey No Good Cavscout,

On the way back, get me an Iraqi Flag and something for the wife. Let me know what you need, and will get for you while you are in town...and oh yeah, Lars isn't kidding, they are calling for snow tomorrow.

Rune

I won't be able to get an Iraqi flag until I am back from leave, and I go on a northern mission. I will get you one though, and I can get nice Kashmiri scarves and shawls for the women folk. I will go shopping for you when I get back. </font>

No Good Cavscout ,

Have a safe trip home, and let me know what you need, as I can drop them off at the border before you go back. I am not willing to chance the minefields between Illinois and Wisconsin, so you will have to come to the border.

Rune

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Elvis and I will be neighbors once again after an hiatus of around 12 years.

Wow. Has it really been 12 years since you were both incarcerated together in the Pennsyltucky Home For Wayward Nimrods and Otherwise Clueless Beet Sniffers?

How time flies.

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be in the cell with you.

Jeeze Peng, get it right will ya?

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A GREAT friend will be in the cell WITH you saying "DUDE ... that ... was ... AWESOME"

I despair of you sometimes, truly I do.

Joe

p.s. Back from the wilds of Arkansas ... I knew you'd all be concerned.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A GREAT friend will be in the cell WITH you saying "DUDE ... that ... was ... AWESOME"

Eek!

The Justicar is fantasizing again, or recalling past experiences!!!

*backs away slowly*

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be in the cell with you.

Joe

p.s. Back from the wilds of Arkansas ... I knew you'd all be concerned. </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

Joe

My God, this is absolutely amazing. I believe I have found a Customer/Reviewer on Amazon.com that may, in fact, be Gaylord. The handle is John Q. Public "vhspreowner".

I swear that after looking at only a handful of this creature's reviews (ignore what he reviews, much of it is weird), I am convinced that this is the late, unlamented Gaylord Fockker.

'John Q. Public' has written over 2,000 reviews, almost every single one of them negative, every single one with endless, half-witted misspellings and grammatical errors, many with the same aimless and rather retarded social and political opinions that Gaylord wrapped about himself like a discharge from a malfunctioning colon.

If this reviewer on Amazon is not Gaylord, then very likely I have ID'd another strand of the dangerously degenerating DNA from which Gaylord dangles...

Seanachai shows up and only posts once? And it's only 4 paragraphs long? And there's no melancholy? No pathos? No veiled references to how sexy John Stamos looks and how pleased he is that John and Rebecca have finally broken up?

No salsa recipes?

Something's wrong!!!

Dear Deadair,

I know none of you care but here is the article. There are a couple of points of interest I'll make at the end:

Man, 18, dies after gunfight with policeAn officer was wounded after responding to a mugging in Queen Village. Police caught an alleged accomplice.By Stephanie L. ArnoldInquirer Staff WriterThe 18-year-old robbery suspect wounded in the head during an exchange of gunfire with police in Queen Village on Wednesday night died early yesterday, police said.

Joseph Heyward, of the 5600 block of Washington Avenue in West Philadelphia, was pronounced dead just after 2 a.m. at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

Heyward's suspected accomplice, a 16-year-old male whom police did not identify, was in custody yesterday but had not been formally charged.

Officer David Kalitz, 36, a nine-year veteran assigned to the Third Police District, was shot in the right thigh during the exchange. Kalitz, a married father of three, also was taken to Jefferson, where he was in stable condition yesterday.

What transpired Wednesday night in Queen Village, police said yesterday, were two separate gun battles that followed a mugging allegedly committed by Heyward and his accomplice.

Kalitz and his partner had been assigned to plainclothes duty in the normally quiet, affluent community of Queen Village after a rash of recent muggings and other crimes.

The two "were out there working, looking for bad guys," said Police Capt. Benjamin Naish.

Just before 9 p.m., Kalitz and his partner responded to a street robbery in the 600 block of South Leithgow Street, police said. The pair received descriptions of two males who had held up a 35-year-old man.

The officers spotted two teens and attempted to stop them, but Heyward fired at the two policemen, hitting Kalitz in the right leg. The two policemen returned fire, and were soon joined by a uniformed officer.

The teenagers then fled. One officer chased after the 16-year-old, capturing him in the 200 block of Bainbridge Street.

Another officer chased Heyward to Second and Monroe Streets. Heyward, police said, attempted to flee in a vehicle, but was stopped after an exchange of gunfire and taken to the hospital.

Police said they were unsure at which point Heyward had been shot in the head.

In the West Philadelphia rowhouse where Heyward lived with his parents and two of four siblings, friends and relatives gathered last night to mourn the teen's death.

Terrell Arnold, 31, who said he was Heyward's cousin, was among them. Heyward, Arnold said, graduated from West Philadelphia High School last year and had recently begun working seven days a week for a family business that sells propane.

He described his cousin as a "hardworking young man."

"The cops shot a young, black man," Arnold said. "They never try to give an explanation of anything... . To portray him as a gun-toting thug is very far-fetched."

As is customary in any police-involved shooting, Internal Affairs and the Homicide Division will conduct separate investigations, Naish said. All three officers will be placed on administrative duty until the investigations are completed.

First, I live in the 200 block of Bainbridge st. I'm not sure how I feel about it being referred to as "affluent"

Second, I know this kids cousin is upset and it is sad but isn't shotting a cop in the leg the definition "gun-toting thug"?

Love,

Elvis

Originally posted by Elvis:

First, I live in the 200 block of Bainbridge st. I'm not sure how I feel about it being referred to as "affluent"

How do you feel about living in Queen Village?

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Joe