Skinning?

So, when will there be a way to skin the vehicles and uniforms we have in the game? (If there will be?)

I browsed the directory and I couldnt find any useful hints there.

I play Steelbeasts Pro PE allot and what I like to do most in that game is to skin my own skins for the tanks and APC/IFVs and would love to do some here in CMSF as well.

So will it/when will it be possible to skin the vehicles/uniforms?

/Chainsaw

thanks Huntarr, but no that didnt really answering my question, there was just ranting about houses shapes and stuff like that (and some wishes about repainting them)

What I was looking for is vehicle skins to alter on the vehicles we have now, and the option to repaint the vehicles.

/Chainsaw

Do a search for my thread "Update on CMSF Modding tools "

Anwser is there smile.gif

Originally posted by Madmatt:

Yeah, I am hoping that we can include the mod tool in with the v1.05 patch. Now that a good chunk of the technical issues have been addressed we can start adding more "cool" stuff in future patches. ;)

Madmatt

Its called "modding" on this forum, not skinning.

as you can glen from that thread, BFC is not going to go for modeling. They did alude to skinning being a mod able. Here are some more threads on this topic for your viewing pleasure. Sorry can't give you more (NDA)

No it would be used. Eventually someone may have cracked the game and used it to win.

Feel free to skin, but the internals are to be left alone. There have been multipel threads about this in the past. In a wargame like Combat Mission, we don't want changes without us doing it. Cases were made in CMX1, and values were changed, but we are the control point.

Ditto for vehicles. We will introduce modules with different forces. We will nto open it for people to add things in.

Rune

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=002867#000001

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=002020#000000

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=001606

Cool, thanks M1A1TC and Huntarr!

moment 22, call it "Modding" but you are only allowed to skin it, not modd it? hehehe tongue.gif

Im pleased with skining only, dont have to mod stuff at all.

Its not like CMSF needs any skining really, but it could be nice to add some own skins that you like, so the strykers have desert colour or whatever you like (im thinking of repainting the stryker into a swedish wheeled APC called Patgb 203)

But coming in 1.05, thats nice to see smile.gif

/Chainsaw