how does buying work? rarity?

so, any word on how the buying system works in "quick battles"?

if it's like in CMx1 how does rarity work? or is it somehow based on what kind of equipment a typical brigade or division has and perhaps some kind of compensation for all the Syrian vehicles that have been wiped out from air? so that in the end a BTR costs roughly the same as a Stryker with MG, BMP-1 the same as a Bradley and T-72 the same as Abrams?

I think the game itself will give you set equipment and for QB's or your own scenarios there will need to be a different system.

I would go for three types.

Performance.

Values based on how good it was , ie gun accuracy armour, squad weapons, training, nationality etc, your basic CM system.

Availability.

Based on how common they are, so that an Rpg-7 would be a lot cheaper than an AT-4, a BMP-1 a lot cheaper than a BMP-3. This is the same essentially as the CMBB system.

Price.

How much the things actually cost, although you could probably equip a company with RPG-7's for the price of a Javelin team with that one. God help you trying to fight the Chinese.

Peter.

I hope that the base points in QBs are going to be based on combat power as was in CMx1. The forces would be equal in combat power, not in numbers. This ofcourse would mean that the US side has only a few units. Another thing is that you might have well trained Syrian troops in QBs which would balance things a lot. And the amount of artillery and airpower would also be limited for the US player (US player must pay for it). Then it might be possible to do balanced blue VS red QBs.

Put on rarity and the Syrians have a lot of conscript troops with RGPs... I don't think that CMSF should aim for realistic QBs in the amount of equipment the sides are fielding. That would mean boring blue vs red QBs. Ofcourse there might be an option to do realistic QBs, meaning a much more powerful US side.

Drusus,

But if you want the US to have a larger force, you just give it more points to reflect that and allow it to Buy more stuff, you needn't deflate the values for it's equipment.

If you can only buy three M1A2's for a 1,000 points and twenty T-55's and you want the US to have Numerical parity, then you give the US 7,000 points and Syria 1,000.

It might mean that the parameters for battles well need to be changes, but for me anyway, thats better than skewing equipment values.

Peter.