1:1 representation and ammo

Steve has said in a previous post that as each individual soldier put rounds down-range, each round he carries will be individually tracked, or words to that effect. Looking forward to seeing this in action. Perhaps in the AARs we could have a count of rounds expended along with all the other figures for the true statistics geeks amongst us (me included).

From winecapes thread!!1!!

Ammo

Individuals [within a squad] fire individually, not as a unit. So if a guy with a rifle is not shooting, his firepower is not going down range.

Scrounging is something that we've gone back and forth on. Same with ingame resupply. I can not say exactly what will wind up in the final release of the first CMx2 product, but it will be more detailed than in CMx1 for sure. As for the AI doing ammo scrounging... we nixed this idea a long ways back. We are tracking ammo in a detailed way, but the player will only see status bars. As a player you don't need to know more than that AND you don't really want to.

Currently all Squads track up to 3 kinds of ammo (grenades are included as ammo this time around). Teams can track up to... hmmm... 8? types of ammo (I forget). Same for vehicles. Not saying that there are many cases when you would need all 8 slots, just that we have provisions for that many.

search is your friend