New Screen shots posted on the Blog by Moon

Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

They've got frickin' lasers!

Untitled-2tn.jpg

Things are looking great. Maybe that tracer is just a Beta tracer and more realistic ones are on the way.

If the soldier is firing a SAW, then the tracers should be red. If he is firing regular ball ammo out of a M-4, then there should not be a tracer effect at all.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually those tracers are just placeholders for now, and time permitting we'll add an option to have them "visible" (as a gameplay aid to see where fire is coming from) which would be more or less as you see above, and "realistic" (i.e. less noticeable and less frequent).

Rudel... the terrain can be VERY complex in the game (much more complex than in CMx1) due to the smaller footprint of all in-game objects. No more 20m tiles. The reason why you're seeing fairly simple terrain is because at the moment the file format is changing with every build Charles is releasing (which sometimes is two per week), so nobody (except Rune, hehe) is willing to spend much time with map making yet smile.gif

Martin

Those screenshots look terrific. The models look absolutely amazing and the terrain and especially the foliage looks very nice.

The only concern I have is the lack of anti-aliasing. Hopefully this is on the way, and the lack of anti-aliasing is just a result of being alpha/early beta test phase. There are some major jaggies which mar the otherwise terrific looking models -- this is particularly obvious on the first image (with the four Abrams). Other than that it looks great.

Actually this is just because I keep AA off on my system usually. Not even sure why and I have just enabled it after downloadin the latest Nvidia drivers, so the next round of screens will have them. Some of the shots were taken by Dan by the way and I think he has AA on, and you should see the difference. The images are much more smooth.

Yes, but do you do Russian gear? Where's that T 72 and them Coronets? Not to take anything away from your impressive work here of course.

On a side note, I know Steve adamantly refuses to even hear we've T 90s, so I'm workin' real hard on evidence without facing castration. All 12 of them arrived in Tartouss in two takes earlier this year, where the Russians are building a naval base. Now there's a fine piece of machinery. ;)

Originally posted by Moon:

Actually those tracers are just placeholders for now, and time permitting we'll add an option to have them "visible" (as a gameplay aid to see where fire is coming from) which would be more or less as you see above, and "realistic" (i.e. less noticeable and less frequent).

Rudel... the terrain can be VERY complex in the game (much more complex than in CMx1) due to the smaller footprint of all in-game objects. No more 20m tiles. The reason why you're seeing fairly simple terrain is because at the moment the file format is changing with every build Charles is releasing (which sometimes is two per week), so nobody (except Rune, hehe) is willing to spend much time with map making yet smile.gif

Martin

Simple is good in this case.

I have never been to Syria, but I have been to northern Israel and I have been to southern Turkey.

What I see in the screenshot is pretty miuch spot on for what I see in game.

I was not trying to say anything bad about the terrian, at this point I think it looks amazing and find little that would improve it smile.gif

Originally posted by LoneSyrian:

On a side note, I know Steve adamantly refuses to even hear we've T 90s, so I'm workin' real hard on evidence without facing castration. All 12 of them arrived in Tartouss in two takes earlier this year, where the Russians are building a naval base. Now there's a fine piece of machinery. ;)

I hope no one takes this clown seriously

Originally posted by rudel.dietrich:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by LoneSyrian:

I hope no one takes this clown seriously </font>

Originally posted by flamingknives:

As an observation, I doubt Steve will put T90s in for just 12, if they are there.

They arn't

And the Russians did not bring 12 for themsevles either.

12 is an odd # and why you would bring a T-90 along with a naval base building crew is a very odd thing.

Syria had a 5 tank platoon of T-80s a few years ago that Russia gave to Syria for trial purposes.

An order was placed but it has never been delivered due to Syria owing Russia alot of debt from previous arms purchases.

Those 5 tanks have since been taken out of the country and back to Russia.

Other than that Syria has never had a better tank than the T-72AV

Originally posted by rudel.dietrich:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by flamingknives:

As an observation, I doubt Steve will put T90s in for just 12, if they are there.

They arn't

And the Russians did not bring 12 for themsevles either.

12 is an odd # and why you would bring a T-90 along with a naval base building crew is a very odd thing.

Syria had a 5 tank platoon of T-80s a few years ago that Russia gave to Syria for trial purposes.

An order was placed but it has never been delivered due to Syria owing Russia alot of debt from previous arms purchases.

Those 5 tanks have since been taken out of the country and back to Russia.

Other than that Syria has never had a better tank than the T-72AV </font>

Dietrich has appointed and anointed himself as the definitive, divine authority on what the Syrians have, he’s willing to slit throats and eviscerate if anyone dissents. Reminds me of 1930s Germany.
Rudel has a source of some description, probably Janes', that describes the Syrian Military in quite some detail, which doesn't include any T90s.

Try leaving the strawmen arguments at home, along with the references to Nazis, as they are irrelevent.

LoneSyrian,

Knock off the crap. Rudel Dietrich is his real name. He is German and works in the military intelligence field. I bet he has access to more accurate information about your forces than you do. If that is not so, then it would be good to have your CONSTRUCTIVE input as to what equipment Syria has and how it is organized. And for that, you need to go to this thread:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=52;t=001020;p=10

And whoever said it above was right... we aren't putting in T-90s even if there are 10, 20, or 30 in Syria's hands right now. The number is just too small. However, if a number larger than that can be confirmed (even if projected according to some delivery schedule) we'll put them into a future module.

Steve

LoneSyrian,

Dietrich drew first blood, look at the record.
True, and he should have bit his tongue. However, you are being purposefully offensive enough with your posts that some degree of criticism for your posting style to date is not unwarranted. I have even pointed this out myself in the Lebanon thread. Sometimes I have to let people reap what they sow in order to understand why their behavior is unacceptable.

Having said that, I am hopeful that you will adjust your posting style further and remain here. As your self chosen forum name spells out quite clearly, you are the only Syrian we know of on this Forum. I think we'd all be the worse off if you left. But there are limitations to that, as with all things.

Steve

A quick bone...

Currently we have the Stryker ICV, M1114 Humvee, and M1A1 Abrams in the game right now. For the Syrians we have the BMP-1 in the game now and soon the first T-72 (hopefully the next build!). Note that the US vehicles represent the three different types of vehicles in CM... 8x8, 4x4, and tracked. That's the reason they went into the game first :D Now that we have debugged and worked through the problems of putting in models for the first time for each of the different major types, now Dan can step up the pace and start cranking things out.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

LoneSyrian,

Knock off the crap. Rudel Dietrich is his real name. He is German and works in the military intelligence field. I bet he has access to more accurate information about your forces than you do.

Steve

Isn’t it Dietrich’s Amt für Nachrichtenwesen der Bundeswehr in Gelsdorf and the Bundesnachrichtendienst that concurred with Tenet’s findings of definitive WMD in Iraq? Oh ya, them MI boyz are brilliant at assessing assets, strength and intentions.

Because all these services received medals for usurping, securing and destroying Iraq’s vast stockpiles of WMD. Steve speaks of MI services like they’re prescient prophets.

German diplomats/spies in Syria can’t go to the loo without an armada of manned surveillance spraying’ freshener about.

As for the cyclical and photographic satellite orbit, it's a matter of satirical conversation in Damascus Cafés. Dietrich won’t know till Steve really invades. smile.gif

Amazing! You can see the interior of the Stryker! That kicks ass!

So, Steve you said we weren't gonna get as many vehicles like we had in CMX1 but how many are we talking? Five for the US and three for Syria?

Mord.