PC Gamer UK Review

Mishga,

The "crawl of death" is hopefully fixed with v1.03. If it isn't, I'm sure we'll hear about it :D

C'Rogers,

I was wondering if you guys have made a list over what such improvements will be, or whether it is a "fix problems first then we will worry about".
True for the most part. We've been putting 95% of our energies towards fixing the non-arguable problems since the game came out. However, I've given some thought, in a very general sense, about what things we want to fix. The thing is we haven't had enough time to figure out what the specifics are and when we might deliver them. At this point all I'm able to say is that QB improvements and finding some sort of compromise for WeGo TCP/IP are high up on my list of things to work on after we get past the fixing stage we are in now.

Steve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by monkeezgob:

The problem is they just dont get it. :D

LMAO!!

I will have to look for the review if this mag is carried in the states.

OT Hey, we should have a national, "you just don't get it" day. On said day you must work the phrase, "you just don't get it" into your daily conversations as frequently as possible. We can compare numbers the following week (bonus points if you can work the phrase into a business meeting).

:D

Any chance we could have an option to have the WEGO turns at a 30 second length? This would enable many people to handle the file sizes without having to switch email providers. In addition with the quicker moving modern units it would lessen the reliance on TacAI in PBEM.

Pretty please?

ParPatrocles,

OT Hey, we should have a national, "you just don't get it" day. On said day you must work the phrase, "you just don't get it" into your daily conversations as frequently as possible. We can compare numbers the following week (bonus points if you can work the phrase into a business meeting).
Cool! I'll get in a head start "you just don't get it" :D

As a point of clarification for those two dim to understand the context of my now famous "you just don't get it" remarks, it was aimed at those who were perplexed (to put it kindly) as to how anybody could like the game system itself. At some point "you just don't get it" is the only possible (polite) response. I said the same thing to hexheads and IGOUGO nutters when CMBO came out (but perhaps not in those exact words), but for some reason it didn't create a stir. Go figure!

Now, could I have said something different to the people that were lashing out like 6 year olds that didn't get the amount of TV time they wanted? Sure, I can think of a lot of things, but "you just don't get it" was about as nice and non-negative as I could come up with. I still haven't thought of anything to top it, so I'll stick with "you just don't get it" when someone thinks their opinion is inherently more important than others.

Lurker765,

Any chance we could have an option to have the WEGO turns at a 30 second length? This would enable many people to handle the file sizes without having to switch email providers.
I still don't get this thing about PBEM file size smile.gif Just sign up for a free email service that doesn't have an attachment limitation. I know people have suggested a couple specific ones, but I can't remember what they are.

Pretty please?
I'm sure we'll do it at some point, but not for a while. In theory there is nothing in the code that would prevent doing this, however it's the sort of change that could come with a huge number of unforeseen issues. They can be overcome but only with the expense of time and energy. We don't have enough of either at the moment.

Steve

I have only ever handled an SA80 an an army open day so my combat experience is limited to chasing Meach to go do some dishes but even I understand there is a time and place to "hit the dirt"

Troops have to crawl sometime? Meach told me his section corporal made his section crawl over gravel so many times they all had burst knuckles and skint knees.