The Peng Challenge gets a B-Day Gift

Lars

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

WRONG! Boo boo bear...

Any other takers? Those who have an ounce of wit more than Boo? Of course, that would mean that you must possess one ounce yourself...

No, once again, it is you who are wrong. The line was lifted by Geier FROM Blackadder.

I mean, c'mon... you think Geier could come up with something like that on his own?

Well... you might. I heard there's a book out about you, it's called Gullible's Travels.

Patch: Well done... No doubt I'll owe you a box of cookies when all is said and done.

Boo: Oh very well... the first reference I have is Geier, but he could have well lifted it...

Next up:

"Great game BTW, I just love it. All the frustration of golf without the fresh air and exercise."

Any takers? Hmmm?

(You'll only have to endure 3 more after this... that's as far as my "Quotable quotes" file goes.

Originally posted by Lars:

I hate leaves.

Maples, Oaks, Poplars, sod them all.

Good...then rake them into a pile...jump on the pile, and then have some of the neighborhood thugs light the pile afire....you could pretend you were a royal Maharajah on his funeral pyre.

Also it would be great sport for the rest of us.

Looks like the forum clocks went back an hour in error.

I had an International Scout for sale on Craig’s List. It was nothing but an old parts truck that would have been worth maybe $1,000.00 if parted out. I just wanted to get rid of it so I listed it has a tow-away in need of a new motor for $350.00. It took about 2 weeks to sell it. The best e-mail exchange I received during the 2-weeks it was listed went like this;

Listing $350.00, bring a trailer.

E-mail received: What’s your bottom price?

E-mail I returned: $800.00

E-mail received: What??

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

That is strange, the clocks on my squad laptop went back an hour the other night as well.

Lame a$$ Micro$oft $oftware... my Windows Mobile-based PDA thought there was a Daylight Savings Time change this weekend, and swapped the hour. When I corrected the time today, it moved every meeting by an hour as well... bastiges...

Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Patch: Well done... No doubt I'll owe you a box of cookies when all is said and done.

Boo: Oh very well... the first reference I have is Geier, but he could have well lifted it...

Next up:

"Great game BTW, I just love it. All the frustration of golf without the fresh air and exercise."

Any takers? Hmmm?

(You'll only have to endure 3 more after this... that's as far as my "Quotable quotes" file goes.

Yes, actually, Geier (gone, but not forgotten), lifted that one from the Blackadder.

And the second quote, involing golf and frustration, was OGSF, if I recall correctly.

Which I seldom do.

And, Herr Oberst, it is good to see that you are still alive.

I have it on good authority that everyone who has ever posted on the Peng Challenge Thread will, even after a long disappearance, post at least one more time before they die.

Some people, the prophecy says, will get really into it, and post at least a half dozen times after they are dead.

I'm waiting for Jim Boggs. I figure that bugger's got the power. And I miss him.

To absent friends!

Originally posted by Lars:

I hate leaves.

Remember, Lars, that each tree might contain a winsome dryad.

Who would have nothing to do with you, you vicious, evil, randy feck.

Dalem and I are going to grab up bags of leaves from our various neighbours, and dump even more leaves all over your sodding lawn, you silly bugger.

It's that time of year, Lars. Time to sit up, night after night, jittery with your shotgun, to keep your friends from having fun at your expense.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

I hate leaves.

Who would have nothing to do with you, you vicious, evil, randy feck.

Dalem and I are going to grab up bags of leaves from our various neighbours, and dump even more leaves all over your sodding lawn, you silly bugger.

It's that time of year, Lars. Time to sit up, night after night, jittery with your shotgun, to keep your friends from having fun at your expense. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

I hate leaves.

Who would have nothing to do with you, you vicious, evil, randy feck.</font>