CMSF Goes GOLD!

Originally posted by Hoolaman:

I'll believe it when I see a newsletter email from BFC. I guess it will be at least a week and maybe two before CMSF really "Goes GOLD"

Which would kind of screw them over trying to reach the release date. It isn't "Gold" and then 2 days later on store shelves.

Didn't somebody here say they were starting to do runs of CD's already? Which would mean they have been at a gold status for a few days.

Originally posted by Vern_S:

A "Gone Gold" announcement combined with a "Demo ready for download" would certainly make many peoples day.

Or better yet a "Gone Gold" announcement with "Now available for download for both those with preorders and new orders."

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Ya, Moon, IIRC, let it slip that there were already moving on to duplicating. So apparently, the code is Gold; they just decided not to make a big announcement about it for some reason.

Cheers,

YD

I'm pretty sure he said the Paradox version is being duplicated and boxed, but that it is a earlier version that will require a day-zero patch or whatever they call it.

I think it was also stated the BFC version will not ship until after the actual release date, and that may require a patch out of the box too.

"Gone GOLD" is a bit of a grey area now the digital download is the main avenue for getting the game out by the stated release date. The real gold version may only be locked down 45 minutes before the first download happens.