Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Text Missing on Mac

KP

I'm not familiar with what graphic chip is in that Mac. Some of the ATI Rage 128/128 Pros required the latest OpenGL 1.2.1 to fix some text problems. This extension is included with the Mac 1.1 patch for CM. However it may not work with your computer, since some ATI Orion video card users said it caused all kinds of problems with CM until they went back to an earlier version of OpenGL.

Are your video drivers updated to the latest rev (that's compatible with 8.6) ?

Guest Madmatt

Schrullenhaft is correct, assuming you have a ATI Rage card installed then installing the OpenGl 1.2.1 drivers will fix your problems.

I am not aware of any Orion users that ever had the Missing Text issue and as such they should NOT install those same 1.2.1 drivers.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-23-2001).]

pelle45dm - This particular issue on the Mac is solved/related to OpenGL extensions for a particular video chip.

I guessed you've already experimented with the FSAA settings (I believe enabling or forcing FSAA in DirectX solved a similar problem for some GeForce users). You may have to experiment with different settings to see if any of them treat the text any differently.

I previously suggested that you stick with the 5.33a drivers released by ASUS. If you're still having the text problem with these drivers you may want to experiment with some of the Detonator 3 series Reference drivers from NVidia (6.xx versions), though I'd be very wary of any versions above 6.31. Reactorcritical has a good listing of driver versions. Please keep your ASUS 5.33a driver handy however. I've heard a number of problems for the ASUS GeForce users using the NVidia Reference drivers.

Reactorcritical (under the TNT/TNT2 listing):

http://www.reactorcritical.com/download.shtml

Well, you're right, guys. I coincidently installed 9.1, which includes OpenGL 1.2.1, and I am back in business. By the way, OpenGL 1.2.1 will not install unless you have system 9 or higher. Thanks for the help. I'm excited about the game all over again!