Is it time to discuss distribution and anti-piracy yet?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the elicense solution if one must use copy protection. However, I'm a firm believer in fair use and elicense can potentially interfere with that. Elicense won't stop me buying more of your products in the future (both for myself and as gifts for my friends as in the past). I have passed on titles because of their DRM solutions in the past and will most likely continue to pass on many in the future.

You can play our eLicense protected games without internet no problem. You only need the internet to activate ONCE, not every time you run the game. You do not need any CD to play, either.

Ok. But, as we still need some cd to write the downloaded install program, I like having an 'official' box. So; I tend buying game dvd boxes in small shops.

And I prefer having a localised game. I don't think e-games are.

MacIvan,

That lead me to a further search which failed to throw up any torrents for download-only Marines, so that's a good sign Possibly it's because no-one got around to cracking it....but let's adopt the glass half-full approach.

We've not had any of our eLicense games cracked... not once (with one goof noted as exception), so we look at the glass as being completely full :D We've not seen any other eLicense game hacked either, which indicates that our success rate is not unusual.

ERISS,

Ok. But, as we still need some cd to write the downloaded install program, I like having an 'official' box. So; I tend buying game dvd boxes in small shops.

And I prefer having a localised game. I don't think e-games are.

Depends on the product, but CM:SF itself is fully localized in English, German, and French even if you purchase it from us. It is true the physical goods (manual and box) aren't localized. Copy protection doesn't have anything to do with that, rather publishing arrangements does.

Steve