Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Counter battary

Yes, it is set by the Scenario Designer.

The kinds of assets that would determine both counter battery and repelling an air attack vary greatly depending on the Big Picture, so we allow the Scenario Designer to specify what the Big Picture is. Since the Big Picture is so far out of contex with the player's lowly little group of misfits :D , it's non-sensical to have the player's assets (or lack there of) determine what happens in either case.

Steve

Just what I was wanting to hear. smile.gif

Will man portable sams and on board AA guns make a differnce or are they even modeled?

It seems like they should have a small impact on fixed wing aircraft and a much greater impact on helocopters...

Also could reduce the blue forces use of UAVs and helocopters like Blackhawks who tend to hover in place to scout and provide light ground support.

And will scenario designers have the option to globaly set if reinforcements get delayed or reduced in numbers or fail to appear at all due to air/artillary inderdiction.

I know we like CMx1 can set the % fail to appear rate.

But I was hoping for a bit more flexibility in that area.

Perhaps depending on the level of interdiction a company sent to reinforce might make it ok but be delayed a few turns or lose a few trucks/tanks or lose 65% of their equipment before even reaching the field

Or perhaps be outright destroyed and never show up.

This could be applied to the US force as well since ground reinforcements might be held up by ambushes, losing their way, IEDs, roadblocks, running into another ongoing attack or higher ups calling them away for another mission.

I am just looking for as much flexibility with the editor as possible.

I guess what I am asking for is a global interdiction setting that would simulate losses and delays in route.

Any chance of seeing it make it into the fire release?

Simulating battles outside of the battlespace that the player is in is a really nasty slippery slope. We felt we had to do something for artillery and air, but we are very reluctant to go beyond that. Trying to simualte, even abstractly, the sorts of situations that would cause reinforcements to not show up, in part or in full, is not something we can get into now. It's a great idea, but no chance of it being in CM:SF.

There is no explicit simulation of anti-air activity. Another major can of worms. The abstraction we have doesn't lend itself to blending in with actual on-map unit based activities. From CMx1 (and before) we learned that abstractions that are mixed like that tend to produce inferior results overall. Or they produce major development destractions for very little gain.

Steve