*MOD* Band Of Brothers Splash Background

M1A1TC

Wow that's a really nice motif! smile.gif

It must have took a lot of time and effort to create it.

I think you should really remove the cmsf-logo (I stupidly forgot to hide it's layer before it was saved), so it will not displayed twice.

Anyways well done, thanks!

PS: I'm sad about the disadvantage, that we are not able to move the buttons to other positions :(

[ January 21, 2008, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: S2kde ]

now while waiting for 1.06 iam working on the splash screen i wanted to do since many weeks.

S2kde did you reposted the YAMM mod in 1.2 or where the other versions also your work!? i downloaded 1.1 and now thought M1A1 did it!?

anyways, i am verry found of the dark red instead of the bright green, wich was awfull by the way, and i found that my new splash screen does nicely blend with the dark red button boxes.

so i come to ask if i can use you exellent work as a base and just make a new splashscreen for it(primary for myself ;) ). it will be a new aproach to "shock force", however i think noone else would like it. it will be special smile.gif

Hello Pandur,

Yes I am the original author of YAMM Mod (ehh.. the term "skin" would have been better to describe it - never mind! ^^)

My intention to create it, was basically the same you're having now too.

Quote: "while waiting for 1.06" & "bright green, wich was awfull" :D;)

Yes, surely you can use it as base material if you wish to, why not!? smile.gif

Though it would be nice if you maybe would share your work with others. Maybe some people will not like the result, maybe some will, you never know, right? smile.gif

However this part is up to you.

Good luck!

[ January 26, 2008, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: S2kde ]

great!

yes, 20 min after i posted this i saw that YAMM acually means "yet another menue mod", so another "mod" used on my side was clearly wrong.

Yes, of course you can use it as base material if you wish, why not!?
awsome, many thanks!

so i will include the "dark red theme" in the mod and pack it as .brz so its much simpler to install and uninstall.

ofcourse i will give you credit, after all i didnt redesigned all that other .bmp´s ;)

My intention to create it, was basically the same you're having now too.
everyone hail the BFC team, but i realy wonder why they did choose this bright green and that absolutely "shocking" shock force logo on top of that.

but we still cant use the mouse wheel to browse the battles screen.

hell, better than command line or not !? :D

• 8 months later...
If it is bmp file, the game will not load it. You first need to "pack" it using the RezPack feature in the ModTools folder. Then place it in Z.

This is not true. The game WILL load *.bmp's in the zmod folder; in fact all of my mods are unpacked bmps and they all work. What must be happening is that the original YAMM background is taking precedence over this new one. So, one way of getting it to work would be to unpack YAMM with the rez unpacker tool, and replace the background screen in there with this new bmp.

Ok I used the unpacker thing in the mod tools folder and put the brz file back into my z folder but it still doesn't show. Whether I rename it back to "splash-background-v1.brz" or leave it named "packed.brz". A readme file would help in this case.

But I'd like to clarify something, does this mod replace the opening splashscreen of the BF logo, the main menu background, or the scenario loading screen? Also I noticed this is an older mod, perhaps a patch made this mod incompatible.

Ok I used the unpacker thing in the mod tools folder and put the brz file back into my z folder but it still doesn't show. Whether I rename it back to "splash-background-v1.brz" or leave it named "packed.brz". A readme file would help in this case.

I don't follow exactly what you did there, but here's a step-by-step that should work.

1. UNpack the yamm.brz file.

2. create a new folder called yamm (or anything else of your choosing) and place all of the unpacked files into that folder.

3. place M1TC's image into your yamm folder. You'll have a dialog asking if you want to overwrite any files if you've done it right; hit ok.

4. place your yamm folder into your zmod folder.

If M1's mod is itself a .brz file, you'll have to unpack it as well before doing step 3.

There is a readme file in the mod tools directory, give that a glance and it should clarify why the above will work, and in general how mods work in this game. Essentially, it doesn't matter if a mod is packed or unpacked, or what it is called, so long as it is in a z folder. The reason you probably didn't see M1's mod when using YAMM is because YAMM took precedance over M1's mod. Again, the readme should make all of this clear.

I don't follow exactly what you did there, but here's a step-by-step that should work.

1. UNpack the yamm.brz file.

2. create a new folder called yamm (or anything else of your choosing) and place all of the unpacked files into that folder.

3. place M1TC's image into your yamm folder. You'll have a dialog asking if you want to overwrite any files if you've done it right; hit ok.

4. place your yamm folder into your zmod folder.

If M1's mod is itself a .brz file, you'll have to unpack it as well before doing step 3.

There is a readme file in the mod tools directory, give that a glance and it should clarify why the above will work, and in general how mods work in this game. Essentially, it doesn't matter if a mod is packed or unpacked, or what it is called, so long as it is in a z folder. The reason you probably didn't see M1's mod when using YAMM is because YAMM took precedance over M1's mod. Again, the readme should make all of this clear.

I already read through the extensive readme file. So I am familiar with the way mods work, or at least I think I am. ;)

Anyways, I created a "menu mods" folder and put the wrapped(.brz) and unwrapped(.bmp) version of the file in and outside my "menu mods" folder within the z folder. But it still doesn't show.

Slug88, thanks for helping but have you gotten this mod to work yet?

Jak170, I don't think we need different YAMM.brz? I think YAMM is just a silly and confusing acronym for "Yet Another Menu Mod".

Edit: Btw, I have very few mods in my z folder. I got the Javelin, radio chatter, camo m16, and larger font mod.

YAMM is a mod on CMMODs made by someone... I forgot. So when they say yamm.brz, i think they mean the one at CMMODs

i mean I think that the band o brothers spash is a little thing that you can add to the "yet another menu mod" menu mod. Its like an alternate background for that mod. So in order for the splash to come up, we need to get YAMM first of CMMODS, then this thing, then unpack YAMM, overwrite a .bmp with this one, and put it back into the z folder.

That's what I see from the readme.

YAMM is a mod on CMMODs made by someone... I forgot. So when they say yamm.brz, i think they mean the one at CMMODs

i mean I think that the band o brothers spash is a little thing that you can add to the "yet another menu mod" menu mod. Its like an alternate background for that mod. So in order for the splash to come up, we need to get YAMM first of CMMODS, then this thing, then unpack YAMM, overwrite a .bmp with this one, and put it back into the z folder.

That's what I see from the readme.

Wow your right on, thanks Jak170. I got both mods to work no problem. S2kde, nicely done with the yamm mod, looks much better now thanks.

All that is needed to be said was this:

"The YAMM mod is required for this mod to work!"

This is not mentioned anywhere, only vaguely hinted at.

I see this splashscreen mod was just added yet again to CMMODs without a readme file informing users of this. It's also not mentioned in the mod details. I'm sure we're not the first to have this problem and at this rate we definitely won't be the last.

Tip: Don't forget to delete the yamm.brz from your data folder. Otherwise the new splashscreen won't get recognized.

P.S. M1, your original upload is already in bmp format, no need for unpacking.