Gain Power & Domination with Mojo Peng Challenge Gris-Gris

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Hi There!

I'm in Atlanta, waiting for a flight to South Dakota. I'm giving United and O'Hairball a miss this trip. Going home via Cincinatti, as I have a Very Important Date on March 1, that, should I be delayed and miss, will go very badly for me indeed.

The children are involved with a thing called Odyssey of the Mind, a competition wherein they solve a long term problem - about 6 months of work - in a creative way. The first round is on March 1. It isn't the sort of thing you can miss and expect to sleep anywhere other than a couch or a wet cardboard box under an overpass for that matter. Flight delays be damned.

So far nothing evil to report in my travels, and what fun is that? I promise I will keep you all posted of any random neuronal mis-firings that may jigger their way through my noggin. Really. Aren't you glad?

Anyone miss HeyAbbott!? I mean, he's missing, but does anyone miss him?

I was a judge for Odysey of the Mind at one of the local high schools, several years ago. Pretty neat.

As I recall, the event I judged involved teams of kids moving a ball from area A through area B to area C with this Rube Goldberg contraption they were to build. This one team had decorated their device with all these spider webs and they made Spiderman costumes for themselves.

Their machine worked flawlessly (The only one that did out of seven teams), so I gave them a perfect score.

Then this nasy lady came up who was some kind of overseer and told me I shouldn't have given them a 10. That maybe some later team would come along and be better than they were. I said, "What if no one IS better than them? Their gizmo worked perfectly and they even made up a little skit to go along with what they were doing. Should they be forced to take a lesser score on the off chance that someone MIGHT beat them?"

Then she told me I didn't know a lot about creativity.

So I told her that that was really too bad, seeing as how I'd been creative director for an ad agency for 15 years.

Then I gave the beotch a pile driver and beat her senslessly into the gym floor.

Well... OK, I didn't do that last bit but I did turn my nose up at her. One of the other judges flipped her off behind her back and we laughed.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi There!

I'm in Atlanta, waiting for a flight to South Dakota. I'm giving United and O'Hairball a miss this trip. Going home via Cincinatti, as I have a Very Important Date on March 1, that, should I be delayed and miss, will go very badly for me indeed.

The children are involved with a thing called Odyssey of the Mind, a competition wherein they solve a long term problem - about 6 months of work - in a creative way. The first round is on March 1. It isn't the sort of thing you can miss and expect to sleep anywhere other than a couch or a wet cardboard box under an overpass for that matter. Flight delays be damned.

So far nothing evil to report in my travels, and what fun is that? I promise I will keep you all posted of any random neuronal mis-firings that may jigger their way through my noggin. Really. Aren't you glad?

<del>Anyone miss HeyAbbott!? I mean, he's missing, but does anyone miss him?</del>

Peng I'm bitterly disappointed in you lad, BITTERLY. What's the point of mentioning your travels without detailing the pain it's causing you and the concurrent joy it causes in us?

As to the last part of your post you'll note that I've commented on it in the only RATIONAL way possible.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

self-snippage...

<del>Anyone miss HeyAbbott!? I mean, he's missing, but does anyone miss him?</del>

Peng I'm bitterly disappointed in you lad, BITTERLY. What's the point of mentioning your travels without detailing the pain it's causing you and the concurrent joy it causes in us?

As to the last part of your post you'll note that I've commented on it in the only RATIONAL way possible.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

I was a judge for Odysey of the Mind at one of the local high schools, several years ago. Pretty neat.

As I recall, the event I judged involved teams of kids moving a ball from area A through area B to area C with this Rube Goldberg contraption they were to build. This one team had decorated their device with all these spider webs and they made Spiderman costumes for themselves.

Their machine worked flawlessly (The only one that did out of seven teams), so I gave them a perfect score.

Then this nasy lady came up who was some kind of overseer and told me I shouldn't have given them a 10. That maybe some later team would come along and be better than they were. I said, "What if no one IS better than them? Their gizmo worked perfectly and they even made up a little skit to go along with what they were doing. Should they be forced to take a lesser score on the off chance that someone MIGHT beat them?"

Then she told me I didn't know a lot about creativity.

So I told her that that was really too bad, seeing as how I'd been creative director for an ad agency for 15 years.

Then I gave the beotch a pile driver and beat her senslessly into the gym floor.

Well... OK, I didn't do that last bit but I did turn my nose up at her. One of the other judges flipped her off behind her back and we laughed. </font>

My luggage failed to make the connecting flight in Atlanta. I think because they moved the gate around a bunch. I (and my checked bag) arrived at gate D-32. I had to go to Gate C-23, which was changed to C-25 at one point. And then about an hour before the flight it was changed to C-32. then as soon as I had made my way to C-32 and saw the flight info on the monitor behind the thingy, They announced another gate change BACK to D-32 where I started from. So of course my poor bag was confused with all the gate changes and missed the flight. My traveling companions, who came from two different cities, have smarter bags than I do, because their bags made the flight to Sioux Falls, while mine missed it. Stupid stupid bag. That's the last time I buy whatever brand it is. I think maybe Samsonite makes a smart bag.

The lesson here, Peng, since you apparently haven't learned it yet, is that when traveling by air, always reduce your luggage to a packet small enough to be carried in your rectum.

And I'm Annette Funicello!
Oh yeah? Show us your tits then.

No, on second thought don't. Annette Funicello must be really, really old by now.

Michael

I have discovered that Gout likes hard-licker better than beer; something to do with the yeast in beer creates more purines in the blood, which leads to sharper crystals in the joints. Really, it's too bad the lot of you weren't a bit sharper in the crystal department.

Any-Who, I'm finding (again) that though I like beer berry, berry much, VODKA brings a better buzz, without that whole "Messy-and-red-swollen-joints(don't you just love the sixties?)-saturated-with-uric-acid downer. Really, other than the eventual demise of my liver, I'm quite happy without beer. Yes, that's it, I'm happier without beer. I'm happier without beer. I'm happier without beer.

I've said it three times, so it must be true.

I just wish I could stomp on Peng's toe, poke Berli in the eye, and put a hole in Seanachai's watercraft.

I wouldn't ming shoving my thumb into Elvis's carotid artery, either.

You know, once upon a time, around 8 years ago, I bought Elvis and Hiram a Stella Artois over the internets. I'd pay twice as much to have the bartender give them a wedgie.

However, I digress.

So, happy now PShaw!? my bag was lost and won't get to me until tomorrow (oh sure, they'll bring it right up tonight. And I'm Annette Funicello!), IF it gets to me tomorrow. Who knows? I mean, they knew the bag didn't make the flight before I did. But that doesn't mean that it will actually get on a plane, get here, get on a van, and get to my hotel before the end of the week. It might, but I'm not counting on it.
Indeed it does Peng, there's a smile on my face and a song on my lips (it's the Hi Ho song from Snow White if you must know ... not the set of ... uh ... apples that Annette had to be sure but what can you do).

My complaint was in your PRE-Disaster litany of things that did NOT go wrong. Don't tease us lad, wait until something juicy happens to post again.

And if you're REALLY lucky the luggage will show up ... at 2 AM and you'll have to go down to the front desk to sign for it. That would be good too.

Joe

Anyone miss HeyAbbott!? I mean, he's missing, but does anyone miss him?

Not at all, but it is amusing to watch him annoy Joe so I will attempt to summon Abbott from the depths of rednecktopia....

...with this!

ATT00036.jpg

so it's not a truck, so what? it's pretty cool anyway.

A grateful nation of pre-teen boys enjoys Annette Funicello's Tits.

OK, not so great a tit shot there, boys, but that's the best I could do on such short notice.

Well, there's this one. About average figure for a '50s girl, I suppose, though I much prefer Brigitte Bardot myself.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

The lesson here, Peng, since you apparently haven't learned it yet, is that when traveling by air, always reduce your luggage to a packet small enough to be carried in your rectum.

Michael

Which for you would be several steamer trunks and a grand piano...