@ Eric Young (Wargaming AI)

(moved)

Originally posted by DASman:

what a bunch of yes men....

oh, and yes

E

Eric are you employed by BFC or a consultant? I have been curious for awhile and made more so by what I have read about the CM:SF AI concerning vehicle and especially infantry behavior. Or is that just the state of AI programming so far? No matter how long you work and/or Charles work to tweak it? As much as I hate to see the WEGO system left by the wayside I can not fault BFC for choosing RTS, especially so after all the arguing I did with you pertaining to it. Obviously you were correct when you said "It has to be Real-Time or nobody would even speak to you about it".

[ August 13, 2007, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Originally posted by Cavtroop:

what the heck is this?

Heh, it's a question due to curiosity and hopefully will gain a glimpse of information concerning AI behavior at this point in time. Obviously Eric and Charles are both good coder's to ask. Maybe Eric and/or Steve will comment and I (or we) will learn something.

Edit to add: Evidently I didn't make my original post clear enough. I asked Eric this question behind a post of his in another thread, then moved it here. From what I have been reading the CM:SF AI does many of the same things that the Squad Assault AI did. The above question reflects my curiosity on the subject and of course Eric, Steve or Charles may or may not comment but there is nothing wrong with asking the question. The little bit I know about the subject has come from Eric's and Steve's comments on the time consuming nature and difficulties of AI programming.

[ August 13, 2007, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Originally posted by DASman:

I work for Dynamic Animation Systems, which makes working for anyone else impossible. No I didn't work on CMSF.

Any similarity between EYSA and CMSF is not my fault.

E

Heh, short and to the point. AI's a bitch. Damn RTS and 1-1 ratio. Thanks Eric.

I think it would be best to lock this post up before it spirals out of control.

Eric Young has no affiliation with Battlefront.com or our games and we have no affiliation with his company or games.

If you wish to ask a specific question about CMSF, please do so in a new post. Thanks!

Madmatt