Dr.Goodale's Diet: Cheery Waffles with Molten TNT!!!!

Sergei

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy,Maggots :mad:

Just thought I would drop by and let everyone know where I've been and such.I am now working a full time job and attending technical college 3/4 time(Mechanical Engineering Degree).Needless to say(but for the less bright individuals among us *looks at Pseudo,Wallybob,and Sirgay* I will)I don't have hardly any free time anymore.However,I do hope to get broadband pretty soon and when I do I may be looking to continue playing my current PBEMs via tcp/ip over the weekends(fri,sat especially).Besides,after beating the snot out of..er,I mean playing Abbott via tcp/ip,I like it better than PBEM from a time constraint perspective.

Anyway,you guys think it over.I'll let you know when I get broadband and when/if I will be able to play.I sure have been missing CMBB,but thankfully I have those glorious victories to remember and that helps to ease my pain.

If none of you want to play via tcp/ip it's ok.Wallybob,you had pretty much already lost,whether you realize it or not.Pseudo,you pretty much were going to lose,and I think we both realize that tongue.gif ,and Sirgay,you are just a gamey bastid! :mad:

Talk to y'all later,

:mad: >:) :mad:

Hey - rumours of the demise of the Cheery TNT Waffle thread have been greatly exagerated! :mad:

It may just be the horrible company I've been keeping but I've completely gone off of CMX1. :mad:

Now I've been almost exclusively ho-ing it up on COD2 multiplayer and feeding my tactical/strategic appetite with hex & counter games. I'll explain so that even you maggots can understand it better, I've been killing my COD2 buddies with my own two hands through the week and sending entire Divisions to their deaths on the weekends har har har! :mad:

With gaming, an active 18 mo old, full time job and a wife who doesn't understand why I spend so much time playing 'silly games' I've got no time for CM right now.

I might be convinced send Kiwi's & Limey's to their maker in CMAK, but I'm so sick of BB that the thought of ordering my conscripted comrades to their certain death doesn't even make me giggle anymore. :mad:

(Must be this mild winter melting my medulla oblonga or something... :confused: )

meh - when will these BFC yokels get their Syria game done and start work on the WWII BotB :mad: bloodfest :mad: ?

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Sergei, you maggot!! Pleässeulla seendavia tuüurnsia. :mad: :mad:

WTF?!?

In your gloating gleefulness for sending us up the river of right-wing scariness, you've started speaking in Stockwell Day-like tongues. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Originally posted by _Axe_:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Sergei, you maggot!! Pleässeulla seendavia tuüurnsia. :mad: :mad:

WTF?!?

In your gloating gleefulness for sending us up the river of right-wing scariness, you've started speaking in Stockwell Day-like tongues. :mad: :mad: :mad: </font>

Hey _Axe_! The setup has been sent. I don't know if ye got it yet, I had to send it by dogsled! :mad:

I lived (or should I say survived) in the thriving megopolis of Barrie a while back for about a year, but I played bumper cars with my 82 rabbit one too many times and got out come the spring thaw! :mad: (Plus the 5 corners thing was just weird) :confused: Is Sam still running that Kickboxing club?

Alas those were the (have-not) days, I was lucky to eat brand name KD and not the no-name junk, let alone maintain a p.o.s. rabbit. :mad:

IMNSHO Lets keep the name of 'The One Known as Doris' out of here, lest we bring onto us a plague of Albertan Hillbilly Nut-Bars! (Grog Dorosh et al.)

I need a worthless opponent for Näätäoja, an historical 1941 operation. It's 11 30+ turn battles, but my experience with these long operations is that the decision will be made sooner rather than later. It's not one of my design, but rather one that I've been intending to play for a long time. Like now.

So who's in? :mad:

I have a new, well semi-new, scenario available for you Maggots! Following is the General Briefing included in the file.

__

Title: Hello MasterGoodale

Type: Meeting Engagement

Date: August 1941

Weather: Dry, warm

Terrain: Village, rolling hills

Turns: 30+

Author: Abbott

This battle is a fictional meeting engagement set in late 1941 where we find a German mechanized Battle Group trying to wrest control of one of the few paved highways to be found in Russia from a Russian infantry command with tank support. The paved road winds it way thru a small village and sets the scene for a small (app. 1,500 point) Meeting Engagement.

The battle grew from a challenge the missing MasterGoodale issued to all comers when he had no idea how to play Combat Mission. Thus the infamous Cheery Waffle Challenge thread was born!

MasterGoodale claimed that he could defeat any comers with his superior knowledge of tactics and by chucking massive amounts of TnT at any and all comers. He needed NO Combat Mission experience to win because of his superior tactical knowledge. Forum Member ParaBellum being an experienced CM player accepted the challenge and I created the scenario for them to play.

Being the more experienced player ParaBellum had to confront MasterGoodale’s heavy Russian armor units and an AAR of the historic (cough) battle may be found here at Teddy Windsor’s home page.

AAR

The AAR is based on the original battle and the scenario was designed to be played by an experienced player verse a non-experienced player. This new file has had the OOB and terrain modified to provide a balanced scenario for both parties and includes briefings the original file did not.

The battle can be found at my Webpage linked from my sig. Enjoy!

HMG.JPG

[ February 02, 2006, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Originally posted by PseudoSimonds:

Maybe next weekend. Didn't we have trouble the last time we tried tcp/ip?

Ok,see you then.

Yes,we had trouble last time.You would enter the game,and as usual,start trying to surrender.However,instead of hitting alt-U(which you would think you would remember by now)you would hit alt-Q instead tongue.gif :mad: :mad: